Re: Click to call installed without my permission

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Click to call installed without my permission

I found unwanted click to call links in chrome. I find that click to call has been installed as a chrome plugin or extension without my permission. This is NOT OK. I do not approve to have this extremely annoying thing on my browser. I am a long-time paid skype user, but I do not ever want those %^&* links in my web browsing.

How do I prevent this from being installed again without my permission next time skype updates?

craig000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 14 (21,265 Views)

You can disable the extensions in Chrome. Not sure how to prevent the updates though, sorry.
SkyyeBlue
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 14 (21,254 Views)

Click to Call plugin is @$%^@$%^&@$#^ annoying!!!!! keeps on crashing my chrome! even if you disable the plugin in chrome, everytime I start skype, chrome crashes restarts with Click to Call and then crashes again.  There has to be a way to get this ^^@#$ Click to Call @#$ off my pc for good!

danielf9
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 14 (21,248 Views)

1. Click on the Click to call icon in the Chrome toolbar
2. Select "Uninstall" from the toolbar options
3. Nothing else. You are done!

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13409
Message 4 of 14 (21,189 Views)

I just installed the Skype update and it also installed Skype Click to Call without my permission. This is completely unacceptable. Skype management must respect their customers or they will lose them. :sad:
tallguy04
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 5 of 14 (20,588 Views)

Uninstall Click to Call Plugin from the Control Panel.

click2call.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6443
Message 6 of 14 (20,585 Views)

Tamim, thanks for trying to be helpful.  The real problem here is that Skype is violating their users trust.  The program should say "Click here to update Skype and install Click to Call" but instead says "Click here to update Skype."  It's a lie. :sad:  Skype is lying to us.  Nobody has the right to screw around with my computer!

Skype management is making a huge mistake in violating users' trust.  Skype got big because they made a great product and then people like me used it and told our family and friends to use it.  When Skype alienates people like me, they encourage us to switch to LINE or Google Talk/Hangout and take our networks with us.  Skype's new management obviously doesn't understand their users.  I believe the company will fail unless they change this.

tallguy04
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 7 of 14 (20,578 Views)

You can try the MSI installer instead the WEB or FULL installer. It will not install Click to Call.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 14 (20,574 Views)

hi

i am not able to uninstall click to call. it says that the error code is 3728. and my skype home page seems to appear blank. and doesn't allow me to perform any login or any thing. 

sumanth
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 14 (20,518 Views)

sumanth wrote:

hi

i am not able to uninstall click to call. it says that the error code is 3728. and my skype home page seems to appear blank. and doesn't allow me to perform any login or any thing. 

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 14 (20,516 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling