Click-to-Call Bug

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Click-to-Call Bug

During the night, Skype have sent out a bug to every subscribers computer.

Every 30 seconds I get such an annoying a pop-up:

"The following plug-in unresponsive: Skype Click-to-Call.  Would you like to stop it?"

And when you select YES, it does NOTHING.  And WHY does this do NOTHING?

And YES, this pop-up appears when I have quit and logged-out of Skype altogether.

This IS a bug sent out deliberately by Skype.  I have NEVER had this until this morning.

I am going to remove Skype from my system altogether and go back to using www.vzochat.com

When I signed up for SKYPE, I did NOT sign up for my computer to be hacked by Skype webmasters to be under their control.

Moreover, why is there no contact details for Skype?  Because they want to remain a shady and unscrupulous outfit, perhaps?

This is yet more time I am having to spend on my PC doing things I dont intend doing, costing me time.

GET A GRIP, SKYPE, or we circulate this 'planted bug' on Facebook and elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Hammers
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (8,312 Views)

Re: Click-to-Call Bug

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7294
Message 2 of 5 (8,309 Views)

I first noticed this  last night.  Today SKYPE  has blocked my calls!  What is with these birds???? 

wmnmary1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 5 (7,091 Views)

Click-to-Call ne s'installe pas sur mon ordinateur 

0 Kudos
Parsi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (749 Views)

Dear Readers,

This particular thread related to Skype's Click-to-Call feature is outdated!  A new version of the feature was issued on 16 August 2013.  You need to update your browsers and download the new Click-to-Call add-on; remember to enable it!

There are still random issues with Click-to-Call on the Chrome browser which Skype is aware of.

This old thread now closed.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1244
Message 5 of 5 (732 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling