Can you track skype calls?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can you track skype calls?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is anyway I can track which Skype button a call has come from. For example ive got multiple websites selling different products that report to the same skype address. I dont really want to make a different skype account for each so is there anyway I can tell which site someone has come from/which button they pressed?

Cheers :happy:

carbretta
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,508 Views)

Re: Can you track skype calls?

Hi,
Our web call and chat buttons don't allow for any tracking like you are describing. You can pass a Skype token - as described here: http://www.howtoarena.com/how-to-host-big-conference-call-in-skype/ - with a skype:-protocoll's call link, but:
1) all users using the same token will be joined into the same conversation
2) You dont see the call token anywhere in the Skype UI :sad:

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10225
Message 2 of 3 (2,491 Views)

Re: Can you track skype calls?

Would it be possible to track Skype calls in order to measure conversion in web analytics programs like Google Analytics then? Are there any apps on the market that measure phone call tracking? Thanks for looking into this.

E1calling
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (2,361 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling