Re: Calls from skype to a mobile from another coun...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calls from skype to a mobile from another country

Hello there, I just had a sad payment experience with a call I made from my iPad in Denmark to a mobile phone in Poland. I read about the phonecalls rates on skype.com (when using skype-credit) and from this reading I learned that weatnher you call a mobile or a landline phone the rate pr minute is the same. So I called a mobile phone in Poland and found out, that a very brief conversation (5min) ended up costing 22 DKK (3€). Gosh! Did I read something wrong? In addition the mobile phone I made the call to, is with a danish operator. Sorry for my english btw.
Posted from Apple iPad
Iksram
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,631 Views)

Re: Calls from skype to a mobile from another country

I have been using a Skype subscription to ring my fiancés mobile in America and to my horror I found out yesterday that his mobile provider had charged him $500 for our calls. Can I ask how come he was charged as I thought it would only cost me, please can anyone enlighten me.

selcy
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (1,616 Views)

Iksram wrote:
Hello there, I just had a sad payment experience with a call I made from my iPad in Denmark to a mobile phone in Poland. I read about the phonecalls rates on skype.com (when using skype-credit) and from this reading I learned that weatnher you call a mobile or a landline phone the rate pr minute is the same. So I called a mobile phone in Poland and found out, that a very brief conversation (5min) ended up costing 22 DKK (3€). Gosh! Did I read something wrong? In addition the mobile phone I made the call to, is with a danish operator. Sorry for my english btw.

When calling telephones, the rates for calling mobile phones are generally not the same as calling a landline phone in the same country.  This is similar to the way landline and mobile phone carriers charge calls to those phones, and there are very few countries where the rates are the same (the USA and Canada are two of the few countries where rates are the same).  The rates are clearly listed on Skype's web site, and you can see them by clicking on "Pay As You Go" at the bottom of this page and enter the country you want to see the rates for.  You can also change the currency from euros to something else as well. 

If you dialed a Danish mobile number to reach that phone when it was in Poland, the per-minute rates for calling Danish mobiles is DKK 1.54/minute, plus a connection fee per call of DKK 0.69.  A 5-minute call to that mobile number should have cost DKK 8.39 from Skype (plus VAT, if that is being assessed by Skype).  The Danish mobile carrier would almost certainly charged the person using the Danish mobile phone in Poland roaming rates for that call. 

Rates for calling a Polish mobile number are almost the same - the same connection fee, but the per-minute rate would be DKK 1.56/minute.  Again, this is how European telephone carriers (like those in many other parts of the world) do things, making calls to mobile numbers cost a lot more than calls to landline phones.  Skype is not immune from this, and has to charge accordingly.

This does not help your situation, I know.  Please take a close look at the rates at that link below to confirm what you should be charged when calling from Skype.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 626
Message 3 of 5 (1,548 Views)

New to skype but here is my situation. 

I live in Canada (Toronto) my girlfriends in Ecuador at the moment. We are afriad of talking to long because of mobile long distance charges.

We both have iphones with skype currently.  She has no internet where she is located, and we dont wana risk paying ridiculous roaming charges.

I want to know if we can call eachother "without" a internet connection? If so can you please explain how? Its seems to me a internet connection is the only way skype?

Ptrulli
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,475 Views)

I am in Italy with a U.S. account.  I have a USA/CANADA subscription.  What is my connection fee in USD to call landlines in Italy?

sonobella828
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,438 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling