Re: subscription but cant call anyone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

subscription but cant call anyone

I just purchased the $2.99 subscription.  I have tried calling around ten different numbers and it just tells me "not enough skype credit"  The plan includes unlimited calls to Us and canada as well as to mobile and landlines.  I am in the US and typed +1 for the country code, the area codes and tried both mobile numbers and landlines.  Everything fails. The numbers I called are all to peoplep and places around me.  If i have a subscription do I also have to get skype credit to call someone?  Also, with this subscription can I call anyone or do they also have to be skype members?

rbcrews1984
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: subscription but cant call anyone

Hi,

You have more than one account and right now you are making calls from the wrong account. Please open Skype client and sign out. Make sure you sign in with the exact same username you used for this forum.
This FAQ helps you find your usernames:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10858
And in regards to your last question, you can call any number covered by your subscription and it does not matter if this person owns Skype username or not.
I hope it helps!

If I helped you, please help me and give Kudos ↘. If my answer helped to fix your issue, mark it as a Solution to help others.
Thank You!

Please send private messages only upon request.
Joanna_M
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 595
Message 2 of 2 (316 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling