Re: blackberry playbook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No need to make Skype available for all BB models. The PlayBook alone would be fine! :happy: Please, Skype! I'm tired of having to turn on my pc every time I need to make a call using Skype..

- Written on a BlackBerry PlayBook
hundevejr
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 111 of 189 (1,292 Views)

Seriously what is wrong with Skype! I've been subscribing to skype for 2 years and they have yet to create a native app for Blackberry? This is purely insane favoritism towards Iphone, Android and Windows Phone. I own a playbook, and a Bold, no skype. I'm starting to think what is the point of keeping my subscription with Skype when i can only use it with the computer. Skype, I hope you read this. I will be moving to Google Voice permanently if you do not do something about this. All Blackberry users should boycott Skype for their lack of direction. 

trifendel
Novel Tourist
Message 112 of 189 (1,249 Views)

I completely agree.  I have a BB9800 and my wife just bought me a playbook for my birthday so I could integrate the two devices.

I was very supprised when I attempted to get Skype to call her while I was away the other night and found it was not available for the Playbook.

Why does everyone think that we all have to go with Apple?

gshauf69
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 113 of 189 (1,224 Views)

I completely agree as well. RIM may have lost market share and been beatup in the media lately, but the playbook device is really nice. I can't put it down...except to start my laptop to use skype.

PLEASE help us out Skype!!!

0 Kudos
es_kevin
Novel Adventurer
Message 114 of 189 (1,205 Views)

Skype Support

I would also benefit from having a native Skype app for my Grandad's BlackBerry Playbook. It would be great to keep in touch with him using Skype technology.

Is a Skype app already on the roadmap for this year? I'm sure you've had many emails regarding the above, however we are all being kept in the dark and would like to know how this is progressing. I don't really want to move away from Skype but I may have to.

We all look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for all your help.

Woodzrul
Casual Adventurer
Message 115 of 189 (1,162 Views)

Regards up kidding me??!!!!! No new BBPlaybook app yet?!!! C'mon!!!! Grrrrrrr!
darcia-remoteca
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 116 of 189 (1,142 Views)

Add me to the list of people who need Skype on their Playbooks.

Montreal300
Novel Adventurer
Message 117 of 189 (1,062 Views)

I agree with you    Hey Skype - Please can we have a Blackberry Playbook app now! yes I have an Ipad but I use my Playbook for business and contacting family when away. whats the problem??

ACooper
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 118 of 189 (1,000 Views)

I agree with oll of you guys..skype is just ignoring our sentiments.I bought pb last year in aug and was waiting for os2.still skype is acting like kid...they sud develop this app ...
comon m8 we really love skype nd pb
bond007harsh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 119 of 189 (968 Views)

Rather than writing a Skype application for the current BlackBerry smartphone OS, it's possible to take your Android application and _register_ it with RIM (BlackBerry).
Should save a bit of work, and enable you to get a look at the BlackBerry market to a degree.
Information on doing this is available at:
0 Kudos
GeorgeB
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 120 of 189 (884 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling