Re: blackberry playbook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

blackberry playbook

Anyone know when are we going to get skype for the blackberry playbook?
I'm sure every one thats got a playbook are willing to pay for it if thats going to be the case!! skype developers can you please make the app for the bb playbook.
lvl
lvl
Experienced Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi,

If Skype for the playbook is going to be the story as with all other BB models, you're in for a long wait!!

All BB users have been asking, begging, ... since 2008-2009 to get Skype on BB, but it is still not available and no word from Skype on the why, what let alone when...

Some purist will answer that it is available for Verizon customers in US and 3 customers in UK, bu as we all know, that is not what we are asking for!!

So: good luck on getting an answer on the "when" question from Skype...

Grtz,

lvl

View solution in original post
bravo-_-2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 41
Message 1 of 189 (55,660 Views)

Hi,

If Skype for the playbook is going to be the story as with all other BB models, you're in for a long wait!!

All BB users have been asking, begging, ... since 2008-2009 to get Skype on BB, but it is still not available and no word from Skype on the why, what let alone when...

Some purist will answer that it is available for Verizon customers in US and 3 customers in UK, bu as we all know, that is not what we are asking for!!

So: good luck on getting an answer on the "when" question from Skype...

Grtz,

lvl

lvl
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 136
Message 2 of 189 (55,653 Views)

Thank for your answer m8... Have you got a playbook,did you ear anything floating around on when we're going to get the new 2.0os system on playbook or when?
bravo-_-2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 41
Message 3 of 189 (55,643 Views)

Please, make it. I start to use AV from aol.com to make a video calls, but i'd really like to use skype.

artemd
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 189 (55,397 Views)

I know that programming applications are not an easy process and it takes time and effort, but there are lot of users with bb playbook (there will be more users to come with second generation of playbooks)... So, my question is, why not to create such a small application, at least with basic functions. That can be an excellent move to expand your market. If the skype developers / project managers do not have any time or interest in it, at least you can give us some kind of skype API so the developers inside this community can build them for you... PLEASE, reconsider this request...

bsdnix
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 189 (55,391 Views)

I've been an avid blackberry fan since '01 and for the past 2 years have been growing more and more impatient at Skype for not creating an application for Blackberries.  The only ones that have it are the Verizon users.  I'm not about to switch over to iPhone, so I've decided to stop using Skype all together.  Google Voice and beejive (MSN, AIM, googletalk, etc.) are available on Blackberry and I've moved over to them.  

Why Skype has yet to release a native Blackberry app is beyond me.  In this economy, stupid strategic decisions like this could prove critical and make or break a company already on the edge (Yes, that's you Skype).  Blackberries still comprise 25% of the market - how is that not a meaningful demographic for you?  Someone upstairs should be fired.  

WangTa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 6 of 189 (55,381 Views)

Consider this another request for skype on the BB playbook.  C'mon Skype, anytime you're ready!!

gybeho
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 7 of 189 (55,369 Views)

want skype on your blackberry playbook or cell phone? Download ( IM+ to your phone ) and save the site to your blackberry playbook by pressing the star + in the upper right hand corner, then press ( save to home screen ). Want to connect your bluetooth stereo headset to any tablet? Get a pair with a bluetooth dongle (adapter), place it in the earphone hole of the tablet and sync it with the headset and you're in business.
mastervantastic
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 189 (55,343 Views)

IM+ does not support Skype video chat.

It's too bad that Skype continues to refuse to support BlackBerry devices. I don't even care about the phones, but the PlayBook is an awesome tablet that has sold quite well despite media guesses.

From a personal standpoint, I haven't really complained, I've just used Skype less and less. I would rather call a client from my phone than be tied to my PC, and that's just the way it is. So unless Skype wants to continue losing users (or having users on Skype less often) I suggest they seriously consider building for the new BlackBerry BBX platform.

I mean, really, how long could it take? The new tools make it so freaking simple to deploy apps on the PlayBook and upcoming BB phones. This is just plain laziness on the part of the Skype team, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. This is NOT an issue of "is it worth it from a business standpoint" because your investment, however large it may be, will eventually be paid back. Skype is a continuous use product, you buy more credits the longer you use it. So the 6 months that Skype hasn't been released for the PB has been 6 months of missed revenue opportunity. It's still going to cost the same amount to develop in a year or two years, but if you do it now, at least you reap the benefits of launching earlier rather than later.

proof_100
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 9 of 189 (55,274 Views)

please Skype On PlayBook ! , it's great device for the great Software !
faboo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 10 of 189 (55,182 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling