Videocalling Nokia E7 not possible

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Videocalling Nokia E7 not possible

Hi everyone, I have a Nokia E7 to full satisfaction, but the annoying problem is that I have no video calling. [b] Skype [/ b] does not support it, Fring is not downloading at E7. Nimbuzz, E-buddy, etc not support video calling. And this while Nokia is famous for its cameras. Other operating systems such as video calling appear to support. Does anyone have a solution? Or does anyone know whether Nokia / Skype / Nimbuzz / etc ever intend to give an update for this? You could almost switch to another operating system ...
\ thank you

santioriginal
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 23
Message 1 of 3 (6,455 Views)

Re: Videocalling Nokia E7 not possible: answer from Nokia

Hello, my name is Nokia Care Chat. Thank you for contacting Nokia Care Chat service. How can I help you?
Me:
Good morning. I have a Nokia E7 to full satisfaction. But I can not make video calls on Skype, Nimbuzz and Fring (this is not even download). Is there a future update for Symbian for video calls? Nokia is famous for its cameras and video calling is not possible while iphone and android that can be ..
Nokia Care Chat:
Since you're right, it is indeed not possible to make calls via skype video. Or via the device itself in the normal call.
Nokia Care Chat:
Do you have a moment, then I find out this for you.
Me:
Fine! Skype gives no answer to this en ...
Me:
ps, I did not know you during the "normal" call can also make video calls. But that is not via WiFi, right?
Nokia Care Chat:
Yes indeed. There you have certain institutions necessary for the provider.
Nokia Care Chat:
Just a minute please.
Me:
Ok, so "normal" video call goes through your subscription.
Me:
okay.
Nokia Care Chat:
sorry for waiting. If you use the unit with video you want to call your provider's VoIP-specific settings are required.
Nokia Care Chat:
The provider must also first while still allow.
Nokia Care Chat:
Regarding the program Nimbuzz I have the following can be found on the website
Nokia Care Chat:
The settings required for this:
To register your SIP provider, go to:
VoIP Provider> Select SIP provider> Select your SIP provider from the list or choose "Other" if your SIP provider is not listed.'>- Settings> VoIP Provider> Select SIP provider> Select your SIP provider from the list or choose "Other" if your SIP provider is not listed.
- Introduce your account credentials
- Press Ok
- You can now call from the Dialpad / keypad Using Sip your credits.
- Note That SIP calling is not available on BlackBerry devices and Java/MiDP/J2ME.
Nokia Care Chat:
Fring is not actually available for your device.
Nokia Care Chat:
When the regular video settings of your service provider can perform the following video:
Nokia Care Chat:
contacten> selecteer de contactpersoon die u wilt bellen> opties> oproep/bellen> Videogesprek">Go to Menu> Contacts> select the contact you want to call> Options> Call / Call> Video Call
If you want to call from the keyboard. selecteer opties> oproep/bellen> videogesprek">Do you get the phone number> select Options> Call / Call> Video Call

Me:
Thank you. But through VIOP or via Nimbuzz SIP goes through your belabonnement or via your mobile internet subscription?

Nokia Care Chat:
In the case of both over the internet
Me:
Ok, so if I VIOP-call so I can call via WiFi?

Me:
It is natural to that fellow competitor as video call for free support (mainly Skype) and that Symbian does not support it. I wonder if you know or with a Skype for Symbian will update this.
Nokia Care Chat:
Unfortunately I do not provide information on .. That is because of hogeraf decided.
Nokia Care Chat:
I can be a note of it.
Nokia Care Chat:
You can use Nimbuzz with wifi.
Nokia Care Chat:
I am still here to look for ordinary phone calls with video
Me:
thank you :happy:

Nokia Care Chat:
Thanks for waiting!
Nokia Care Chat:
:happy:
Nokia Care Chat:
It is also possible via wifi
Nokia Care Chat:
Both the ordinary call and via Nimbuzz.
Nokia Care Chat:
It has to be supported by the service provider
Me:
ok, so Nimbuzz as video calls over just going to call over WiFi and not through massive bills?

Nokia Care Chat:
No, it can also free via wifi. It should only be approved first by your provider.
Me:
ok, then I'm sure kpn supports this. thanks a lot! and you do not accidentally or skype ever with an update for video calling is for symbian? (Of course everybody is on skype .. mn)
Nokia Care Chat:
No problem at all! Regarding skype or an update for the device, I have unfortunately no information on ..
Nokia Care Chat:
I would be here that the demand is there! More unfortunately I can not do.
Nokia Care Chat:
That is something of hogeraf decided.

santioriginal
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 23
Message 2 of 3 (6,448 Views)

Re: Videocalling Nokia E7 not possible

Re: Videocalling Nokia E7 not possible
ashrafmahmoud
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (684 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling