Re: Too many contacts - out of memory

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Too many contacts - out of memory

[ Edited ]

I'm stoked to get skype running on my Vita.  It installed ok, but when I try to log in, I get an error message saying that I have too many contacts, and that the system has run out of memory.  I have about 80 contacts, which I don't think is unreasonable, but maybe I can delete a few if there is a predetermined limit?  Also, when it says 'memory', I assume it means RAM and not space on the SD card (of which there is > 10gb).

Anyone else see this?

Thanks! 

thaverkort
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 18 (2,652 Views)

It should work with up to 150 contacts, the synchronization at the first sign-in can cause the application to exit, please try to log in several times with the same username, all contacts should then eventually be loaded and you shouldn't get the error message anymore.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 220
Message 2 of 18 (2,643 Views)

Awesome, good to know!  I'll try it tonight, and report back.

thaverkort
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (2,641 Views)

how many times do you have to login so the error mesage does not close the app

johnrgoodman
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 18 (2,622 Views)

Just how many times do I need to sign in to fix this?  I have been trying to sign in many times already, which is very painful on Vita with my very secure password.  Skype only seemed to sync the contacts on the very first time I signed in.  In all of the following sign-in attempts, skype signed me out the instant I was signed in, which doesn't look like it was syncing any more contacts. 

llwang
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 18 (2,584 Views)

Yes, I've unfortunately noticed the same behaviour.

thaverkort
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (2,574 Views)

I just had a thought.  Is it possible that the 150 contacts limit includes people you've flagged as 'blocked'?  I'm guessing that these must be stored in memory too somewhere, right?

thaverkort
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 18 (2,530 Views)

how many contacts do you have? have you also tried logging in with an account that has less?
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 220
Message 8 of 18 (2,479 Views)

I have 62 contacts, way fewer than the 150 limit.  I don't have another skype account to try, and I don't want to use a separate skype account just for my Vita.

llwang
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 18 (2,473 Views)

As I mentioned at the start of the thread, I have 80 contacts.  I only have one skype account, but maybe I'll create another for testing to see if it works under any conditions.  FYI, unblocking all my blocked contacts didn't help.

thaverkort
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (2,454 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling