Skype on PlayStation 4

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype on PlayStation 4

[ Edited ]

Skype's vice-president Mark Gillett has said he wants to bring Skype to the PlayStation 4.

“We’ve worked with Sony for a long time. Skype ships today on the PlayStation Portable amongst other cross-platform devices that we deliver to, and for the last few years we’ve also been shipping versions of Skype that run on Sony TVs. ”We’re obviously not party to their pre-release [PlayStation] hardware road map [but] we’re committed to cross-platform.”

I'm really pleased about this news but didn't think it was possible because Skype is a Microsoft company, but then they have made Skype available on Android and iPhone so it makes sense that Skype is an open platform. I really hope this works out as someone who intends to get the PS4 I'd love this because I could talk to my mom who lives far away.

Source: Handy Tips 

Rodrigueo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 8 (26,644 Views)

Re: Skype on PlayStation 4

A backport to the PS3 would expand the Skype family in a meaningful way. At least talk about that possibility so that Sony takes notice and paves the way for an easier PS4 debut as a means of sweetening the pot for current PS3 owners to move to the new version. Right now the value proposition is nominal given the $500+ price tag.

BernerOwner
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 8 (26,594 Views)

that would be great! 1 thing more i wil keep paying for my skype international 

bb-jam-k
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (24,012 Views)

if ps4 had skype i would be so happy because i am always video chatting in groups with my friends 

on pc and it would be great on ps4 becasue i pefer console gaming

jackbox
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 8 (21,830 Views)

7ahi3.jpg

yngve6421
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 8 (15,083 Views)

Skype on PS4 any day now would be great...
Hopefully an update soon on that.

hockeykid2319
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (14,925 Views)

:bigsmile:

Skyrim37308
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (4,634 Views)

I am also waiting for Skype on PS4. Any news on release date?

Lethus
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (4,570 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling