Re: Skype not working for Nokia E5

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype not working for Nokia E5

Hello everyone. I own a Nokia E5, Skype worked fine till 2 days ago when suddenly I couldnt log in, the mobile restarts everytime I try to log in. What's the problem?

Thank you. I really need Skype for business and family contact. Hope you guys could help me out with this.

liiavik
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 38
Message 1 of 49 (22,729 Views)

I also have this phone, and since a couple of days i have exactly the same problems since a few days.

dutchie11214
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 49 (22,724 Views)

Huh... its probably a problem with Nokia E5? I bet its Skype, it never happened to me before...it always happen when trying to log in.

Is your Skype working now? :sad: Mine not, still :sad:
liiavik
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 38
Message 3 of 49 (22,709 Views)

Did you install a Symbian software updated lately? Can you check your mobile's info screen in the settings to check the Symbian version number?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13477
Message 4 of 49 (22,643 Views)

See this post at the Nokia Forum (remove space before word discussions in URL):

http:// discussions.nokiausa.com/t5/Phone-Applications/Nokia-E6-Skype-doesn-t-work/td-p/1113151

This post applied to E6, but it might also apply to E5 problems.

efmdllc
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 83
Message 5 of 49 (22,632 Views)

[ Edited ]

i just bought my e5 and installed skype (downoaded it from ovi store) - no updates have been made but as i said, the phone is brand new and in SW update it says it is up-to-date and no updates are available when i manually check. but yet - i cannot log in to skype via my phone - i am prompted to input my id, then my pass (they are both correct, tried on my PC - all is good) - it is "signing in" for a minute or so and then - just returns the field to type in my ID again... pls assist how to resolve this issue, i would hate to not being able to use sky[e on my phone when it is claimed to be a compatible choice, thanks!

P.S. since a question about Symbian was asked - it says mine is Symbian OS S60 3.2

didkalm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 6 of 49 (22,615 Views)

At me the same problem! I can not establish Skype on Nokia e 75! Installation speaks is impossible! It Sis the appendix! Java establishes, but me doesn't arrange that it is impossible to call (only messages)! Help please!

dronrostov2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 49 (22,558 Views)

Re: Skype not working for Nokia E 75

At me the same problem! I can not install Skype on Nokia e 75! Setting speaks is impossible! It Sis application! Java installs, but me doesn't arrange that it is impossible to ring (only messages)! Help please!

dronrostov2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 49 (22,557 Views)

Hello, my skype E5 does not want to accept me. installed for the first time not problem.Ot rather not want to be connectors. My name and password are OK.
What to do ..
Thank you

peevski
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 9 of 49 (22,263 Views)

I have the exact same problem. I hope that Skype can fix it or give some advice.

Brand new Nokia E-5. This is a smartphone. I have no issues using or connecting to any other apps.. and I use eBuddy and other Yahoo Messenger as well.

It's just Skype that's a scumbag on the E-5. I download and install Skype from the Ovi store. It installs properly. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I enter my correct username and password.. and it tries to connect for 1 or 2 minutes but then comes back and is unable to connect. I have access to both WiFi and 3G. I CANNOT connect.

Look forward to your reply.

cloudswooping
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 10 of 49 (21,867 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling