Re: Skype for Symbian Belle

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype for Symbian Belle

though no video calling,but a good 1 for IM,chatting n VOIP ! synchronisation of msn,yahoo,facebook,google talk,AIM,myspace,ICQ,hyves......n of course twitter...... all in 1....NIMBUZZ !

mdirfan213
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 11 of 34 (3,666 Views)

Hello,

I use skype everyday on my Nokia N8 mainly in VOIP.

For the moment is ok because I use Symbian Anna but please release an update for Symbian Belle as soon as possible.

Please, Please, Please...i need skype on my phone...

raphael0485
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 34 (3,420 Views)

Raphael! Could you confirm me please if you can make video calls via Skype or through Fring with your N8 device? I would like to buy an N8 but I realy need to have video calls via Skype on it.

THX in advance for your answer

raymondo13
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 13 of 34 (3,094 Views)

Still no sign of a version for Symbian belle. 

Apparently I have to migrate to Fring or Nimbuzz instead.

jens_richter
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 14 of 34 (2,727 Views)

But there's no skype on Fring.

coofen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 15 of 34 (2,702 Views)

Skype in Symbian Belle works only with H3G mobile operator in UK due to a particular configuration file stored in the phone memory. I kindly ask Skype developers to work on this issue and find a way, that might be very easy, to make it work even with other operators. (Suggestion: use system default access point in C++ voids)
visual1993
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 34 (2,603 Views)

Skype now ready to rock on Belle.
Now available on Nokia store :happy: :happy: :happy:
Posted from Opera Opera Mini for S60
BSrikanth
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 17 of 34 (1,835 Views)

But unfortunately without video call functionality ...
menu21
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 34 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a Nokia 701 which is the latest symbian belle phone released(m.a.). and skype happens to just work in it even though, video calls don't work!!But i can still do with voice calls,IM,etc. whatever it is,it is the mistake is of the nokia manufacturers that they are continuously completely changing the OS for the mobiles which makes most of the top apps to not be available in most of the latest phones.

My word, buy an i Phone or a samsung galaxy Y or any other samsung android mobiles which are cheaper and have more than 300,000 apps available in the android market . nokia is leading to it's own loss!!

Pele
Casual Tourist
Message 19 of 34 (1,698 Views)

[ Edited ]

Samsung.... Android..... 300,000..... people - what about talk you - Android not so faster VS Apple OS, Bada, Symbian Belle! This is - TRUE! And I not understand - why Skype not write new version Skype for Simbian? :sad:

AFilka77
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 200
Message 20 of 34 (1,649 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling