Skype for PS3 console

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype for PS3 console

I for one would love to see Skype on the ps3. Being somone who works on the road and likes to game would help me keep in touch with my family  PLEASE WORK ON IT?

Please use plain text.
dystantdad
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 128
Message 1 of 93 (206,384 Views)

Re: Skype for PS3 console

Thanks for your feedback and the request. You might also want to take a look at Skype being available on more and more TV sets ( http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-tv ) and Bluray players.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13936
Message 2 of 93 (206,376 Views)

We use skype voip and video on a daily basis for ministerial, business and personal conversations.  We have had great success with conference calls and groups using traditional computers with the service and are glad that it is available and that it works as well as it does. But skype doesn't have a PS 3 application though it seems that the console would be an ideal video conferencing device.  With all of the other formats skype has provided (one of the latest is for the Sony TV) it seems logical to have a PS3 app too.  Is there any interest at Skype and or Sony to get this done? If not what would it take to generate the interest?

Please use plain text.
scottstev
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 19
Message 3 of 93 (206,245 Views)

I 100% agree.. I saw a recent post announcing launch of Skype for PSP so hope development is underway for PS3 too.. again would love to use that in my lounge without spending crazy money on SMART TVs :happy:
Please use plain text.
chughtai
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 93 (206,135 Views)

I don't want skype on my TV anyway only very few tv's have webcams that u can but for them and it would be much better if sony and skype can just get together and make a PS3 verstion of skype just like they did with PSP and now Sony market PSP consoles with the fact that Skype is a built in feature which is something Skype and Sony should do for all Playstation devices and Sony TV's so that more people can get away from their small screened computer and use skype to it's full potential not on your 20" computer screen (even though that is big for a computer screen it would be better on a even a 30" TV screen but on a 60" TV skyping with friends would be an ultimate thing especially if u could get skype for Xbox 360 and you could call peopls using skype on any device and they would be compatable with eachother) I'm sorry Skype if u can't provide a decent mesenger for PS3 and Xbox 360 i'm gonna have to give u a thumbs down :(n): SOZ PLEASE FIX ME UP WITH A PS3 AND XBOX 360 VERSION OF SKYPE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE AND THEN MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE!!!! So that i can talk to my cousin from my PS3 and he can be using his Xbox 360 PLEASE

Please use plain text.
mattyo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 93 (205,942 Views)

This is a very old request and it boggles my mind to no end wondering how much incompetence is required for this to have not already been implemented.

Please use plain text.
BigRedBrent
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 93 (205,651 Views)

I am afraid Sony has greater interest in that Skype sells their new TV:s, on PS3 less money for Sony. And maybe it is Xbox now who gets Skype. Hoping that I am so wrong here...

Please use plain text.
mimustaja
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 93 (205,449 Views)

I don't think you answere the question sir, can you give us some more details about the availability of skype on ps3 in the future,
thanks
Please use plain text.
b-rokva
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 93 (204,948 Views)

Just wanted to add my voice to the requests for Skype on PS3 - would love to see this happen, I would use Skype all the more since right now I use other apps and my PC/mac to do video chat.

Please use plain text.
flagster
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 9 of 93 (204,866 Views)

YES PLEASE!!!!
PLEASE SKYPE ON PS3 & EVERY OTHER DEVICE out there........

Life would rock if every device has a Skype.... 

Please use plain text.
vivianpullan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 10 of 93 (203,632 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling