Skype for HP Touchpad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype for HP Touchpad

I see information in various places that says it is available but I don't see any downloads.  I can't find it in the HP app store, nor on the Skype web site.  Where can I get it?

thorod33
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Nevermind.  I found it on the device under phone and video calls.

View solution in original post
thorod33
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 10 (16,976 Views)

Re: Skype for HP Touchpad

Nevermind.  I found it on the device under phone and video calls.

thorod33
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 2 of 10 (16,974 Views)

Is there a charge for calling phones using Skype from Touchpad like there is on computer as far as you know?
caseyking2669
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 10 (16,933 Views)

Hi, 

If you make a Skype to Skype call, then the call is free of charge. 

If you call from Skype to a phone number, then the call will be charged. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 208
Message 4 of 10 (16,907 Views)

where did you find it? I am unable to locate anything for the touchpad
monkeys106
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 10 (15,998 Views)

did anyone ever find out how to download Skype to their touchpad? I see the phone and video calls, but it doesn't show me how to find my friends, and make video calls.....please help
shanny7727
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (15,869 Views)

Im still having a tuff time figuring this stuff out is there tech support to set this up?? How do you acess on a hp touch pad??

rcouture87
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 10 (14,181 Views)

OK, enough of this convoluted information! I have put literally over 30 hours trying to install Skype to Skype on my HP TouchPad with no success! I have set up an account, downloaded (I think) the proper version (Windows), but I cannot access the Skype to Skype "call" page. So, I would be eternally grateful for any info which would solve my problem short of buying an iPad. Thanks for listening to my rant!
Posted from HP TouchPad
teddyhit521406
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 10 (11,436 Views)

There's nothing TO install. If you already have a Skype account and you call someone else's Skype account, it's "Skype-to-Skype". If you call their phone number (like 555-555-1212), then it's a SkpeOut (or something) and you'll be charged. It's not rocket surgery.
thebadlt
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (10,439 Views)

thorod33 wrote:

I see information in various places that says it is available but I don't see any downloads.  I can't find it in the HP app store, nor on the Skype web site.  Where can I get it?

thorod33 wrote:

thorod33 wrote:

marijampole1958
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 10 (1,524 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling