Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

Alright this is brutal, I've tried twice now to post in the sticky post regarding "The workaround to Skype for the PB" and both times my post was never posted .. absolutely ridiculous.. all back to the Skype Dictatorship!!

Here's what I tried to post twice:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudius wrote:

There is no official app for Skype for Playbook.       That said: You can use a community maintained version that runs within the Playbook's Android emulator. It's limited to chat only - No audio or video calls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I'M TRYING TO POST THIS, SO LET'S HOPE THE FIRST TIME WAS INTERNET GLITCH AND NOT SOMEONE TRYING TO BLOCK ME...

Claudius,

You work for Skype right?  I'm a customer using Skype on my PC.  I'd like to use the complete Skype program on my Playbook.  Can you or anyone else at Skype please let us know once and for all why Skype won't make the app for the playbook?

I mean is it too difficult for your programmers to program it from scratch on QNX?  If so, is is too difficult for your programmers to tweak the already established Android Skype app version to have the cameras and mic to work properly on the PB and submit that app to App World?

Judging from all the forum posts, petitions, etc. requesting Skype for the Playbook from your potential customers (over a million mind you and growing), could someone please let us know why making or tweaking an app for PB wouldn't make business sense to Skype.

We're dying to understand the very, very old unanswered question -> "WHY IS THERE NO OFFICIAL SKYPE APP FOR PLAYBOOK"

lynxs_claw
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 76
Message 91 of 426 (67,545 Views)

I hate using Skype on my computer because it means I have to keep my computer on.

But with an app for the playbook, it means I can just use my playbook to get calls or video chat my friends and family. Why is there no app for the playbook!!? 

bg_guy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 92 of 426 (67,505 Views)

Why don't have Skype for BB tab.

lesterdavebeato
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 93 of 426 (67,472 Views)

This is sooooo obvious: Skype isn't just Skype anymore, its Microsoft. The one promising small company who pretends to own the spot# 3 in the smartphones market, cause thats their only ticket from here to future existence, in the world where most of us won't use a desktop or laptop PC. The same spot RIM is struggling to maintain. So don't expect MS/Skype/FB gang to hand any chance to RIM, it is beyond their kindness.
Respiro
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 94 of 426 (67,372 Views)

Me too.  I'd pay for a Skype playbook app.

marpau
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 95 of 426 (67,213 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
usman52
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 96 of 426 (67,158 Views)

usman52 wrote:

Hello

Hello to you usrman52

edrissfeyzie
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 54
Message 97 of 426 (67,153 Views)

Imo is fine but won't allow video feed
0 Kudos
chalm3rz
Novel Adventurer
Message 98 of 426 (67,061 Views)

Well, Skype (Microsoft) doesn't seem to want to put it at all, been waaaaay to long and no progress at all! :catmad:

Reliable
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 99 of 426 (67,030 Views)

I guess it is problem from both parties. RIM is the lower.
0 Kudos
mdque2000
Novel Tourist
Message 100 of 426 (66,996 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling