Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

When can we expect skype for the BlackBerry PlayBook? I just bought it on July 18th, 2011 and love it. My BlackBerry Messenger works perfectly but would like to use a genuine version of skype with my PlayBook.

VE7TKO
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 1 of 426 (40,366 Views)

Re: Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

I just bought a playbook - it is August 18th, and I had to fly to North America to get it. 

I am just wondering if there is a timeline on when skype will write the code to allow it to work with the QNX software? As the playbook is just about to be launched in Europe and with the new QNX phones coming 1st quarter 2012 - wouldnt it be nice if you were to do it for us?

I mean I am a paying skype customer - but loyal to the point where something new comes and works on my BB....then you will loose me forever....

Think about it.

Gavin

GavinDamstra
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 20
Message 2 of 426 (40,257 Views)

I woulsn't hold my breath. There seems to be special intrest groups involved. I have waited through 3 BlackBerry Bolds. What is going on?
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9300
VE7TKO
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 3 of 426 (40,191 Views)

Anyone know when are we going to get skype for the blackberry playbook?
I'm sure every one thats got a playbook are willing to pay for it if thats going to be the case!! skype developers can you please make the app for the bb playbook.
bravo-_-2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 41
Message 4 of 426 (40,163 Views)

try h t tp : // imo. im / in your PB browser
click on the skype symbol and you have your skype
hermannreiner
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 5 of 426 (40,045 Views)

send me an email and I show you how to get skype on the BP, they block the web address, mail to hermann.reiner@gmail.com
hermannreiner
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 6 of 426 (40,045 Views)

It would be nice if SKYPE (which I love) would support Blackberry and the Blackberry Playbook. A great many Blackberry users are businessmen...and I use SKYPE for business quite often. I will try the IMO workaround...but would appreciate a SKYPE ap for the Blackberry Playbook. 

Thanks

csleumas
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 7 of 426 (39,905 Views)

I also just bought a playbook and looking forward to have Skype on it. I use Skype everytime i'm away travelling calling home and even have a call out account to call Lan phones oversea. Please make Skype App for Blackberry devices specially the playbook.
hecky240
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 426 (39,875 Views)

I would love for Skype for PlayBook to be available. It was shown when the PlayBook was announced, and i am waiting for support. this will greatly help with homework and talking to family.
RDslva
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 426 (39,854 Views)

What does "solved Go to Solution" mean?  when i click on it, I am sent to the next message in line.  Where is the solution?

grg
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 426 (39,227 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling