Re: Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Right now, it may not be skype, but we all should give a chance to Comwave ePhone (available in the app store). They provide you with the regular free videocall to other ePhone users, give you a phone number, unlimited incoming calls and 250 minutes of calling to 57 countries (including yours) per MONTHS, for a very interesting price of 20$ per YEAR, one payment per year. There is a 100 minutes free demo available. Let's give them a chance, they deserve our business!
Playbook_Skype
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 11 of 426 (8,719 Views)

I get to skype but I can't call land lines...
louisdionne
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 31
Message 12 of 426 (8,692 Views)

So, what is the SOLUTION? I have a new Blackberry Playbook and would like to use SKYPE but cannot find a link to download the program. When will the SOLUTION be posted?

Sensei
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 13 of 426 (8,007 Views)

Soo, OS2 is around the corner, Skype would be a nice addition to the list of nice apps.

diegonei
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 14 of 426 (7,090 Views)

From your browser go to https://imo.im to use SKYPE

smusal
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 15 of 426 (6,787 Views)

I can't seem to get the camera working with the suggested imo site.  Suggestions?

radwan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 16 of 426 (6,729 Views)

We need A REAL application that works completely. The web version won't work fine for video calling.
ti-pat-caron
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 17 of 426 (5,986 Views)

Its pretty much b.s that they even released a skype app for vizio t.vs yet not app for the BlackBerry PlayBook which is in almost 1 million users hands??? Like wtf skype get a grip of your **bleep**! Back when you was a new company you also wanted people to join your services - its because of us customers you are still existing! Now we demand SKYPE FOR PLAYBOOK!!!

i-ball-out
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 18 of 426 (5,835 Views)

We should get a facebook petition going. I too am a blackberry bold 9900 user and a playbook user. With that said, I pay a hefty price to have unlimited calling to Canada and United States. Plus Video Calling. Only thing is I can't use the service because I'm not home enough to sit and chat with my family. If Skype does not get a native app for the playbook and my blackberry Then They will loose me as a customer. Why should I pay for something I can't use?? Maybe Playbook Video Chat can get an upgrade to migrate non playbook users who use a video chat app access. But this has been a problem for years. I don't know why?
skypeuser84
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 19 of 426 (5,813 Views)

skypeuser84 wrote:
We should get a facebook petition going. I too am a blackberry bold 9900 user and a playbook user. With that said, I pay a hefty price to have unlimited calling to Canada and United States. Plus Video Calling. Only thing is I can't use the service because I'm not home enough to sit and chat with my family. If Skype does not get a native app for the playbook and my blackberry Then They will loose me as a customer. Why should I pay for something I can't use?? Maybe Playbook Video Chat can get an upgrade to migrate non playbook users who use a video chat app access. But this has been a problem for years. I don't know why?

I agree with you either a native app by skype or skype needs to contact BlackBerry and some how manage to have BlackBerry's Video Chat work with Skype Users! That would be the only solution!

i-ball-out
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 20 of 426 (5,721 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling