Skype for BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 Smartphone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype for BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 Smartphone

Hello,

Could you please please please create skype compatible for BB new generation?!

best regards,

Laura.

lrevello
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 88
Message 1 of 76 (85,614 Views)

Re: Skype for BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 Smartphone

Please make skype available on BB Bold9780 too

Strift
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 44
Message 2 of 76 (85,376 Views)

Hello,

Since 2008-2009 we, BB users, are asking for Skype on BB (any model). The answer we get is always the same: only for Verizon customers in the US....:smileymad:

See also the reply in the post "Skype for BB".

So, I am afraid we will never get it....

Greetz,

lvl

lvl
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 133
Message 3 of 76 (85,292 Views)

Hello,

I'm using Blackberry Bold 9780 and i'm waiting for skype too..

Even my old phone had skype (samsung star)

I ınstalled my samsung star's skype.jar to my blackberry 9780 but it didnt worked because screen resolutions are different with samsung star..

Omg I am sick and tired of waiting!!! this is blackberry is it really hard to make avaible skype for us?

egegrkn
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 14
Message 4 of 76 (85,107 Views)

Hi pals,

Joining the leauge of anticipators for Skype on Blackberry Bold 9780 on all carriers.

RIM, its time to launch Skype preferably on all the carriers and BB6 OS devices :happy:

Regards,

Vasuki

Vasuki
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 5 of 76 (85,090 Views)

yeaaah everyone is using BB. why isn't skype available yet for the new generation ???

andrushk_240
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 6 of 76 (84,888 Views)

Hi all my friends plz I neeh download skype 4 blackberry 9780bold
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9780
hardman_alawneh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 23
Message 7 of 76 (84,852 Views)

@bscdb:

I couldn't agree more!

I tried the same thing in the past: direct mail to the "customer service": also got an avoiding, completely off-topic answer :smileymad:

Some time ago, on the "Big blog" from the Skype people themselves, they announced that they were going to "share Skype's broader multi-platform strategy to bring video calling everywhere - the desktop, mobile phones, TVs and the Web." (entry of July 6th). I posted a comment just asking if this statement included Blackberry and guess what? It was never published! Blocked by the Skype "officials"...:smileymad:

So, indeed, we have the "right" to ask, complain, beg, ..... but I'm afraid nobody cares at Skype and they just try to avoid us going to other apps by saying that it still possible that one day maybe... Talking about corporate "due diligence"...

grtz,

lvl

lvl
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 133
Message 8 of 76 (84,704 Views)

sorry but my english is not so good !!

i just bought a blackberry BOLD 9700

i'm using IM + TALK, it is a very bad software  !!!

before i had a nokia E51 and skype was working very well, as soon there was an onet hot spot i was allowed to call, also land phone !!

with my new BLACKBERRY and IM + TALK, no way out !!!!  is a bad phone with a bad software, now i would never buy either BLACKBERRY and IM + TALK.

i don't know why skype is not doing an app. for blakberry, maybe because SKYPE AND BLACKBERRY are not able to find a good agreement in between them !!

any way if you are just about to buy  a BALCKBERRY, don't do this mistake, buy somthing else......

and absolutely do not buy IM + TALK , it doesn't work !!!  when you call, to be able to speak you have to press a button, unbelievable  !!!

Bye

matrix_power
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 76 (83,773 Views)

I need skype for BB 9780!!!!! Do something please.
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9780
mahnoor-fatima
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 31
Message 10 of 76 (83,448 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling