Re: Skype Mobile for Verizon Blackberry 9850

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype Mobile for Verizon Blackberry 9850

Hi,

Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong with my skype mobile for my verizon blackberry 9850? I downloaded the app with no problem however when I try to open Skype I get the error message "Skype can only be used with a Telkomsel SIM."...... I'm in the US and I had skype on my previous blackberry and it worked just fine..... What's different and does anyone have a solution??

missJG
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hey everyone,

I have been having A LOT of trouble with this myself, I went to my local Verizon store and they hadn't heard of the problem and didn't have a solution.

The link provided in this thread finally worked for me today, but you all are right in saying that you get an error message- here's now I fixed it:

Use this URL in your BB browser:

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/Bourbon/BB9930/Skype_mo​bile.jad

And then go in and manually take out the "_mobile" part and re-type it in as "_mobile" (I know that is exactly how it already looks but it was not reading it properly and that is were it was throwing the jibberish error) this fixed the error for me and I was directed to a download page.

My cavat to this is that I tired to download it a few times last week when I fixed the error in the URL but I kept getting an error message. I gave it another shot this morning and it finally worked.

I hope this helps! :happy:

View solution in original post
rlumsden7
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 16 (15,597 Views)

You may try to follow this link from your BB

It works for me on BB9930.  Let me know if it also works on your phone.

Good Lucks

elios1105
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 43
Message 2 of 16 (15,566 Views)

I have had no luck with the following link which has been posted throughtout the forum. I wondered if anyone other none Verizon customers had managed to succeed with this ?

[invalid URL] 

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 183
Message 3 of 16 (15,553 Views)

I had no louck with this link either...... I just get the message:-

Not Found

The requested URL /download/Bourbon/BB9930/Skype_mo​bile.jad was not found on this server.

IBM_HTTP_Server at mobile.vzw.com Port 80 Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

rlumsden7
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 16 (15,537 Views)

I also got this message from Verizon - not much help but still a response from Verizon:-

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are receiving a message that Skype can only be used with a Telkomsel SIM. We are happy to assist you with your concern.

We greatly value your business. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority. We apologize for the delayed response to your email and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are experiencing higher than normal email volumes at this time. However, we are working diligently to reply to each customers email in a timely manner and we appreciate your patience.

Telkomsel is a provider in Indonesia. Based on the message you are receiving, Skype may be integrated with Telkomsel and this may be why you are being prompted to insert a Telkomsel SIM card. For further assistance with this, please contact Skype support online at: https://support.skype.com/en-us/.

For additional support, you can contact BlackBerry directly by dialing: 1-877-255-2377. Please be advised that RIM may charge a fee to provide support. Alternatively, support can also be obtained online by visiting the link provided below:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support

rlumsden7
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (15,535 Views)

Hey everyone,

I have been having A LOT of trouble with this myself, I went to my local Verizon store and they hadn't heard of the problem and didn't have a solution.

The link provided in this thread finally worked for me today, but you all are right in saying that you get an error message- here's now I fixed it:

Use this URL in your BB browser:

And then go in and manually take out the "_mobile" part and re-type it in as "_mobile" (I know that is exactly how it already looks but it was not reading it properly and that is were it was throwing the jibberish error) this fixed the error for me and I was directed to a download page.

My cavat to this is that I tired to download it a few times last week when I fixed the error in the URL but I kept getting an error message. I gave it another shot this morning and it finally worked.

I hope this helps! :happy:

missJG
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 16
Message 6 of 16 (15,500 Views)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!  works perfectly.  I did not have to delete a portion nor re-enter either:

Just use this URL in your BB browser:

petersamuelson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 16 (15,492 Views)

This also worked for me, thanks so much for sharing and posting. I wish Skype would make this a bit easier to find but glad I dug a little to find this.
Tracyquinn123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 16 (14,728 Views)

how BB9700 ?
0 Kudos
kimnhatcuong
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (13,724 Views)

Please! help me with BB9700

kimnhatcuong
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 16 (13,720 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling