Skype Messaging and SMS on PS Vita

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Messaging and SMS on PS Vita

Will there be messaging on the PS Vita? I can't find any way to send text or chat messages in the PS Vita application.

JosiahAnduril
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 38 (19,504 Views)

Re: Skype Messaging and SMS on PS Vita

Wondering the same thing
below_me-
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 38 (19,501 Views)

Me too... It's a really great app, but is seriously crippled without IM features...
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Cyrusjm
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 38 (19,461 Views)

I agree. I had a friend send me several messages, (while he and I were on the non-skype phone, but while I was using the Skype App on PS Vita) but no text notification, or way to respond ever came up.

Internet
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 38 (19,444 Views)

I hope Skype will answer this soon as the IM is one of the main parts of Skype next to it's calls. If they don't add the messaging part the only upgrade on the PSP version is video call and still not a complete Skype product.

Kappie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 38 (19,326 Views)

yeah chat option would be awesome!!!

fardeen
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 38 (19,270 Views)

APP is great.

Give us the chat IM and i will buy premium for one year. promised.

SamMancer
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 38 (19,204 Views)

Yeah this definitely needs to be avalible on the Vita. I would like to see on the features that are available on the Andriod Skype App on the Vita one in fact.

Yoshimatsu414
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 38 (19,022 Views)

I'm newly deaf so i need text not just video and sound which is useless to me if i dont know whats going on since i dont know sign language yet nor do many of the people i know. Was looking forward to talkin with my family and friends on the go with my vita through skype only to be utterly dissapointed by lack of text

anthonie_zapata
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 9 of 38 (19,006 Views)

Yes, please update skype on the Vita to be able to send instant messages.. For some of my friends I want to chat to on the go, they don't have a microphone or webcam.. or sometimes I want to leave an offline message but I can't if I can only do calls..

also, it'd be nice if a PC user (connecting to me through my Vita on video call) were able to share their computer screen onto my Vita.. I hope that'll be possible. 

kidtendo
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 38 (18,961 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling