Re: Skype Messaging and SMS on PS Vita

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

idk how too send messages on skype
Posted from Sony PlayStation Portable
samantha13105
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 37 (4,609 Views)

I don't think so which was kinda dissappointing for me. This was one of the main reasons why I got the vita since I use skype for work most of the time. I hope they get it in there soon because there's really no other reason to pay for 3G.

XDos
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 37 (4,463 Views)

Any news on this?

What's a problem even more than not having a chat feature on the Vita is the circumstance, that the other side has no way of knowing about it.

Like, imagine the following scenario:

User A tries to call user B from the Vita.

User B, assuming the call is coming from a PC, does not have time right now and writes a text message like: "Sorry, my nephew just came through the door and we'll be having lunch. I know we still have to talk about tomorrows trip ... will be back at the computer in about an hour." ... and ends up waiting in vain after lunch, whereas user A still is wondering what was the matter.

Just one of many possibilities, where not having a message feature and the other side now knowing about this limitation could lead to misunderstandings from 'unconvenient' to 'really bad'.

urisk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 13 of 37 (4,441 Views)

chat support and sort by online would be gr8

fardeen
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 14 of 37 (4,415 Views)

i cant find a way two send sms either
Posted from Sony PlayStation Portable
samantha13105
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 37 (4,409 Views)

text chating with friend s and sms will be greattt on vitaaaaa!!!!!
xdatox5
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 37 (3,578 Views)

Give me some texting options baby sammancer will buy a premium acct if you do
Posted from Sony PlayStation Vita
texas-abn
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 37 (3,499 Views)

I've just bought PS Vita, and installed Skype. Video and voice work great, but being not able to message someone is out of any sense. I’m also paying for calls so please it.

I think that for developers is not a big problem to implement the messaging feature too.

simo1979
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 37 (3,230 Views)

I was unfortunate to get the continual sending scenario. A friend of mine has a Vita, most of them do. I tried to send him an IM only to have it sit there trying to send. Didn't figure out later that he was on his Vita thus not able to receive it. I've had this happen to my friends too when I'm on mine. It's annoying to update our witty comments with something along the lines of "On vita, no text chat". I would have thought that something that Skype is known for, aside from great calls, was completely absent from the app and still has not been introduced. Oh, also I believe multi video chat is absent as well.
Posted from Apple iPhone
HiddenTruth
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 37 (2,805 Views)

still waiting for IM support, wats taking so long?
Codeine
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 20 of 37 (2,686 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling