Skype For BlackBerry Playbook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype For BlackBerry Playbook

Can You Guys Make An Skype App For The BlackBerry Playbook  ?

Marioman891

marioman891
Tourist
Kudos: 18
Message 1 of 8 (18,147 Views)

Re: Skype For BlackBerry Playbook

Have youfound out how to download Skype on bb playbook? If you knowplease share.

nazarahmad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 8 (18,068 Views)

Hi,

There isn't a Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook app.  :sad:

We are not alone - this is a popular topic on this particular message board!

You could research "work-around" options on the internet; I haven't succeeded in getting it/them to work.

- Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!

Trustworthy information: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Good Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1589
Message 3 of 8 (18,057 Views)

I am really surprised tohear that Skype hasn't addressed this issue. I sent this question toskpe support and they came back suggesting that I update my Skype. This doesn't make sense because I cannot download the program without choosing whether it's is for windows or for some other system...probably an automatic response by a robot!

nazarahmad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 4 of 8 (18,042 Views)

I'm so ready for Skype to be on the playbook geez

justinian2220
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 8 (17,835 Views)

has anyone had any sort of responce about the playbook issue do they not realise what they are missing by not letting it be used on playbooks

ironwyrm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 8 (17,804 Views)

Can I suggest that this thread be relocated into the main "Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook" thread which is 27 pages long at the following link:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-devices/Skype-for-BlackBerry-PlayBook/m-p/1275614#M6037

The request is just for consolidation of our grievences into one discussion for Skype to take notice of.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my request.

0 Kudos
david_breslin
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 35
Message 7 of 8 (14,829 Views)

Hi, David_Breslin,

Excellent idea: the other thread is really the go-to thread on the subject.  Thank you for including the link to it and for bringing this housekeeping need to the fore.

Transferring this thread will result in the earlier posts, which appear here, being added to the end of the primary thread.  In other words, the posts will not integrate in date order.  Even if they did, the inter-mingled conversation lines may not read cohesively.  So, the best solution is to close this one in favor of the other.

See you over there!

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!

Trustworthy information: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Good Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1589
Message 8 of 8 (14,797 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling