Re: Playbook, please

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Playbook, please GREAT NEWS!!!

louisdionne wrote:
JUST GOT THIS EMAIL FROM BB today:
I apologize for any inconvenience, Thank you so much for your support. I completely understand that we have a limited choice of applications right now. But with the coming software update 2.0 you will be able to download android apps. Which Skype is one of them. And many mores. Once again thank you for your support.

As far as I know it's not possible to use Android apps that make use of the camera hardware like that.  In other words, Skype still needs to modify their Android app to make it work properly on the PlayBook.  It just sounds like Skype does not care enough or doesn't want to spend time enough on brining Skype to the PlayBook at all (be it a native app or a modified Android app).  I hope I'm wrong though... We'll just wait and see I guess.

sabrex
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 131 of 146 (752 Views)

I live far away from home, and i need skype to talk to my parents, when i am away from computer. I know already 15 people who wants skype on playbook! Please listen to blackberry users!
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
niazgamer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 132 of 146 (717 Views)

I contacted RIM and they said it was up to Skype to develop the App for PlayBook.

I would be willing to pay for it... what's the hold up Skype?  

I don't understand why Skype is not addressing the issue.   There are a number of posts about it and they just seem to be ignoring it.

At least give an answer one way or the other.

Tom, Toronto

ta19661
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 133 of 146 (682 Views)

ta19661 wrote:

I don't understand why Skype is not addressing the issue.   There are a number of posts about it and they just seem to be ignoring it.

At least give an answer one way or the other.

First Skype refuses to provide online numbers in Canada (something even Dell does now) ... and now they seem to be refusing to create a Skype app for the PlayBook ... I'm starting to think that Skype just has a beef with Canadian users and companies in general.

sabrex
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 134 of 146 (672 Views)

Yet another Canuck with a paying Skype account who feels p!ssed off that Skype is dragging their heels on this issue.  Come on, you have a HUGE PlayBook market out there just dying to use your app!

Get it done!

mossfoot
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 135 of 146 (636 Views)

Skype for Playbook please. we require skype for Playbook

kunalsethi50
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 136 of 146 (464 Views)

Skype developers, all you need to do is get a first version out, even without camera support. I would even pay for that!!

C'mon, this is a no brainer! Plus Skype is the kind of app that would help drive the sales of the playbook, so there'd the potential to sell the app even more. Can't understand why you guys and RIM are not pushing this forward.

luccabrothers
Novel Tourist
Message 137 of 146 (401 Views)

We have 3 playbook users in this household and all are waiting for Skype on the Playbook. Most of the family also have Blackberry phones and again without using im-plus find skype usage so difficult! We very much agree that Skype should pull their finger out and get a BB version with video that works for Playbooks on all carriers. I cant understand the delay especially as is available in the states for Verizon!
iansalmon
Novel Tourist
Message 138 of 146 (365 Views)

Skype! Please get to work on a playbook app!  There's tons of playbook users who would gladly pay for this service.  At least do us all the courtesy of responding to our requests. 

Shibby13
Novel Tourist
Message 139 of 146 (355 Views)

I guess silence is the best answer 

Have been a faithful user (and contributed heavily thanks to the higher rates charged by Skype for Romania ) so far but not for long 

My last yearly subscription should expire soon 

So long Skype hello Comwave, Google and all others 

danimate
Novel Tourist
Message 140 of 146 (286 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling