Re: Philips VOIP 855 can't access contacts list or...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Philips VOIP 855 can't access contacts list or add contacts

I have bought a Philips 855 and it set up and works fine but I can not add any contacts or view my contacts from my Skype account. I am running Skype on my Mac and have checked if there are any permissions that it needs but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

VOIP_855
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 15 (2,015 Views)

Re: Philips VOIP 855 can't access contacts list or add contacts

Anyone? This is really frustrating.....
0 Kudos
VOIP_855
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 15 (1,991 Views)

On my too. I got today from Philips a new one, but the phone still don't show me the skype contacts. I will try this today on other internet connection, if it still don't work, I'll write an email on skype, maybe are some accounts buged

0 Kudos
Erox
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 15 (1,983 Views)

It still doesn't show me the contacts on other internet connection, I try to email Skype
Erox
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 15 (1,969 Views)

Hi, the same thing happened for me too. Just from one day to the other, I could not access my contact-list or add a new contact. I got an exchange phone from Phillips, but there was no success, still an empty list.

With my old Voip 841 I do have absolutely no Problem!

I try to contact skype directly, because it seems to me it is a problem with my account, because in my profile the details disappeared, birthdate, name etc.

I keep you informed...

Kai

0 Kudos
kengelbr
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 15 (1,956 Views)

Same here. A few days after the software upgrade. I never had any problems with this phone, but now only my land-line contacts are available. All my Skype contacts are not available on the handset VOIP 855.

I tried resetting everything, checked for blocked ports.... but still no success.

I can make direct call through skype out and call-in does work. I have access to the call history, so there is for sure communication between VOIP 855 and Skype. 

ANY help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
felixpahl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 6 of 15 (1,926 Views)

I can't believe noone is picking this up.
Aparently this is related to new phones and phone with updated software.
Several resets and manual port setting did not resolve this issue. I use skype since day 1 on a daily basis and never had such problems. I own 2 Skype phones (different generations) and only have problems on the VOIP 855.

Noone with any more ideas?
0 Kudos
felixpahl
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (1,893 Views)

OK Guys,

The fix below:

Before: SKYPE employees do not treat their customers as customers. Why does this request do not get answered by any Skype employee - because they do not care. One thing they do not understand is, that we (paying customers) do actually ensure their jobs with our money. Still we do not get support, when we have trouble spending this money ?? I guess Skype since Microsoft takeover will have to change their behaviour soon, or there will be someone offering better service soon, taking this market share.

Ok, here how to fix the issue:

You need to hard reset the base station. Unplug power and hold both buttons on top pressed, while reconnecting the power. Keep them pressed until the 2 lights on top start flashing (3-5 seconds or so). Release the buttons and the reset starts.

This will eventually bring the original firmware version back and you need to re-configure the device using the handset. You will also loose your voicemails.

But now the contact list is back and you can add contacts to skype again.

I performed a sofware upgrade after this and the contacts are still there, but I do not know how long. I suspect the issue is caused by the new firmware (sad noone admits to this). If the contacts will disappear again, I will reset one more time and just stick with the old firmware of the phone.

felixpahl
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (1,887 Views)

Hi people

Thats the blog entry you have to read!! Many thanks to @felixpahl. With his fix I was able to login with my Philips VOIP 855.

Christoph

felixpahl wrote:

OK Guys,

The fix below:

Ok, here how to fix the issue:

You need to hard reset the base station. Unplug power and hold both buttons on top pressed, while reconnecting the power. Keep them pressed until the 2 lights on top start flashing (3-5 seconds or so). Release the buttons and the reset starts.

This will eventually bring the original firmware version back and you need to re-configure the device using the handset. You will also loose your voicemails.

But now the contact list is back and you can add contacts to skype again.

I performed a sofware upgrade after this and the contacts are still there, but I do not know how long. I suspect the issue is caused by the new firmware (sad noone admits to this). If the contacts will disappear again, I will reset one more time and just stick with the old firmware of the phone.

0 Kudos
vulhgohurti
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (1,847 Views)

That is the best solution ever. Thank you! I hate the 855. It's a really badly designed phone....
0 Kudos
mehaara
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 15 (1,822 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling