Re: PSVITA

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

PSVITA

when will skype launch for the psvita? and will there be video chat on it?

jaspercoolspwns
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (969 Views)

I to would like to know this since I bought the thing to replace my cellphone, which I can't do until it gets skype.
Zypher
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (956 Views)

I've been using skype as my phone since 2007. From what I've seen of the vita app via various google searches, there is only voice calling. However when I called skype to ask about it in early december, They said video was a definite. This leads me to believe they ran into some trouble somewhere along the line of development and dropped support for video to prevent an even further delay.  If that is indeed the case I would guess the voice app will come out with the April Vita update I keep hearing about, with the video app coming out at a much later time.

fk3gnsider
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 3 (907 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling