Re: Netgear SPH200D: cannot signin into Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Netgear SPH200D: cannot signin into Skype

Out of the blue, my Netgear SHP200D was signed out of Skype, and now I cannot log back in.

I powered off the base station, reset it via the web interface, and finally pushed the 'reset' button at the back of the base.  To no avail: I still can't signin into Skype.

However, I can use my Skype credentials just fine from my computers.  What's happening?

Does anyone have any suggestion I might use?

CharpentierF
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 16 (539 Views)

hi,

i'm having exactly the same problem...
yesterday, i made a call to belgium (from spain) and all worked fine.
an hour later, i wanted to call to belgium again but no luck.
the phone seemed to have signed out (for no reason at all) and i am not able to sign in again.
i have been trying just about every trick in the book up to now, but either i get the message saying "login not succesful" or the phone just keeps loggin in for ever.

mind you, this is not the known "start-up loop" issue... it's yet another one.
it's not a skype account related problem, as i can sign in to my account with my pc or laptop.
what i did so far:
- hardboot the phone (remove batteries)
- reset the phone to factory defaults
- hardboot the base station (power cord)
- reset the base station (little hole on back)
- hardboot the modem (power cord)
- reset the modem (rest button)

any one have another trick to make this phone work?

franco
francozero
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 16 (529 Views)

Yes, same here in the UK with my phone, wont login. I have been on skpype support chat. The chap said "We will be collecting report as this and have this submitted for further checking" I suggest you contact Skype support as well to log the problem.

bizwiseit
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (509 Views)

Hi everyone!

The same is happening to me in Brazil! I could log me in last Friday and today I could not connect to Skype with any of my user profiles. Would Skype talk something about it? What about Netgear?

In terms of networks, it seems to be connecting fine. DHCP is enabled and an IP address has been correctly attributed to it. The landline is working fine, so I guess that has some problem with Skype network.

Best regards,

msalvioni
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 16 (490 Views)

Please see other threads.  The same thing has happened to ALL Skype certified phones from all manufacturers: DualPhone (RTX), Philips, Netgear, Asus, etc.

It is SKYPE who has changed something, and it is THEM who needs to do something about the problem.  It is not a Netgear-specific issue and it is NOT the manufacturer who's responsible for this.

We need to make SKYPE fix this problem.  All Skype phones worldwide stopped working.

dualphone3088
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 16 (487 Views)

Can you all please go to Menu>settings>information (or network- on Phillips) on your standalone phones?

Do you have any disclaimer that says that the software on this phone is owned or licensed from Joltid Limited www.joltid.com ?

If you do, then Skype needs to take care of our connection issues, because they have bought the rights of this software from Joltid in 2009, so technicaly IT IS SKYPEs responsibility, not the manufacturers. (http://blogs.skype.com/en/2009/11/joltid_settlement.html) 

I have connection issue since this morning with my Topcom webt@lker 6000, but (so far) no problems with my other 2 RTX devices...  But strangely, i discovered that this "information" tab has been made unaccessible in these RTX devices, so not to see who "ownes" your phone software...

Please check this and reply here, as we need to force Skype to take responsibility and action on this issue ASAP.

NAMO
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (482 Views)

Same here in US after using phone for several years.  Really bad!

krwolzinger
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 16 (477 Views)

My Skype Dualphone will also not login spent the last 4 hours trying
R3tripper
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 16 (469 Views)

Spent all weekend trying, very frustrated, had to forward all calls to my cellphone for now.
krwolzinger
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (465 Views)

Can you all please go to Menu>settings>information (or network- on Phillips) on your standalone phones?

Do you have any disclaimer that says that the software on this phone is owned or licensed from Joltid Limited www.joltid.com ?

If you do, then Skype needs to take care of our connection issues, because they have bought the rights of this software from Joltid in 2009, so technicaly IT IS SKYPEs responsibility, not the manufacturers. (http://blogs.skype.com/en/2009/11/joltid_settlement.html) 

I have connection issue since this morning with my Topcom webt@lker 6000, but (so far) no problems with my other 2 RTX devices...  But strangely, i discovered that this "information" tab has been made unaccessible in these RTX devices, so not to see who "ownes" your phone software...

Please check this and reply here, as we need to force Skype to take responsibility and action on this issue ASAP.

NAMO
Routine Adventurer
Message 10 of 16 (458 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling