NetGear SPH200D problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: NetGear SPH200D problem

To all:

What options do you see when you go to Menu>settings?

which are accesible and which are disabled?

i see this:

call divert
Privacy
Manage blocked users
Tones

Time and date

Cordless settings
Phone settings
Information

Advanced

in this information option, i see the following:

MAC address:

00:08......

IP address:

Skype username:

Unknown

Firmware version:

Base RFPI:

Handset IPEI:

Copyright 2003-2006 Skype Limited

The Skype program is protected by copyright lawand international treaties. Unauthorised reproduction of this program or any portions of it may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. The Skype, SkypeIn, SkypeOut and associated logos and the "s" symbol are trademarks of Skype Limited. Portions Copyright 2001-2006 Joltid Limited. All rights reserved .Patents pending, Joltid Limited www.joltid.com

It never says that RTX, Netgear, Topcom, Phillips or whoever manufacturer might be, that owns the software inside.

Following their logic on Skype support, whenever for ex, we have problems with any piece of software, we should claim with hardware manufacturer??!!

Where can we escalate this issue?

NAMO
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 19 (729 Views)

The problem got fixed in my case, on both Netgear phones. Before signing in I chose "don't remember password for automatic sign in" and after a few attempts it simply signed in. I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but it worked.

io123
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 19 (708 Views)

I can log in (painfully) but can't make a call. Have you tried making a call?

philshare
Casual Adventurer
Message 13 of 19 (694 Views)

Can anybody answer how we get through to Skype to fix this problem urgently.  We rely on these phones for our business and have a call contract in place which we can obviously no longer use so it is affecting our business badly.

How do we get this escalated????????????????

GTEDevelopments
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 19 (675 Views)

I got skype support to log this as an error yesterday, got a email today from them (my SPH200D phone just connected yesterday about 15:00, praying it stays that way ! :-

Hello,

Following our chat support session, we're here to help you further with regard to your concern about the difficulties that you are encountering in connecting to Skype on your Netgear SPH200D.

We are aware of this problem and are working hard on fixing it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

For regular updates on solutions, we recommend you to visit http://heartbeat.skype.com/

Once again please accept our sincerest apologies, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pretty N.
Skype Customer Service

bizwiseit
Casual Adventurer
Message 15 of 19 (666 Views)

We also had a problem over this past weekend with our Netgear SPH200d not logging in to Skype. However, today it shows up as logged in and we are now receiving calls again. Anyone else experiencing a return of service?

krwolzinger
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 19 (660 Views)

since 1h ago i was able to login again... they managed to restore functionality.
NAMO
Routine Adventurer
Message 17 of 19 (652 Views)

Same here.

philshare
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 19 (634 Views)

Re: NetGear SPH101 problem

Hi

I got the NetGear sph101 and I cant sign into skype at all.  I have upgraded the software but no success to sign in.

Any idea what can be wrong?

wouterf164
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 19 of 19 (315 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling