Ipod touch 2nd generation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ipod touch 2nd generation

Skype used to be supported on the Ipod touch 2nd generation but since the new update to 4.0 it is no longer supported with the ipods IOS.  Is there any fix to this.  Is the older version of skype accessable?  I am looking to use it because I will be out of the country for a few months and it would come in handy!

nick--jaros
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 5 (1,746 Views)

Re: Ipod touch 2nd generation

I'm also in the same boat for a few weeks now. The update removed the working version and the current version is not supported on the IOS version on the second gen iPod Touch. Solutions: support skype on the older IOS version, or give me back my previous, working Skype version
jk112
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 5 (1,513 Views)

Having the exact same problem, it kept kicking me out of the app, went to re-install and it says not compatable.. could they not fix this it's becoming irritating
n4t4l13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (1,121 Views)

Help out there. I have Skype and use it very well on my home pc but I now have an additional piec  namely and I pad and I try to log in to Skype on it and it keeps saying not a valid name

Can anyone help me or give me a name and phone num,ber to call a live person?

John Carrig 

Johncarrig
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (456 Views)

Help out there. I have Skype and use it very well on my home pc but I now have an additional piec  namely and I pad and I try to log in to Skype on it and it keeps saying not a valid name

Can anyone help me or give me a name and phone num,ber to call a live person?

here is my e mail address if that will help Johncarrig@sbcglobal.net

John Carrig 

Johncarrig
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (455 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling