HP touchpad & using skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP touchpad & using skype

I am only able to access the Skype credit/my account page. I set up an account on the HP touchpad and thought I downloaded the software but now I'm not sure the download was successful. I do not seem to have access to any other Skype functionality screen. What do I need to do make sure I in fact have the Skype program on the Touchpad? What do I need to do to download correctly? I have another Skype account on another computer which works fine. What's the issue with these devices?
bejayt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 1 of 7 (7,000 Views)

Re: HP touchpad & using skype

I am having the exact same problem, I didn't even think that it might be that it wasn't downloaded correctly! I have nowhere to add contacts or anything. I too run Skype on my acer laptop with no problems. Hope someone helps us
cafemom
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 7 (6,413 Views)

I am new to Skype and have been trying to get it set up on my Touchpad. I have created a Skype account but have no idea how to make S to S calls on the Touchpad. I added my friend's Skype username/contact name into my Touchpad's contacts, but when I open the calls icon and search for that contact, it isn't there. It should not be this difficult.

duff
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (6,407 Views)

the way I just finally got it to wprk... I removed my account for Skype in the touchpad account settings. Then with no account there I went to the app to make a video call and then added my account when it prompted me in that screen. After that it loaded up my contacts automatically. It never worked by just adding my account through the settings. Because I deleted my account and re added it a few times with no success
sebaschin
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 4 of 7 (6,108 Views)

can you please tell me how did you download Skype to hptouchpad
ritecares
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (5,723 Views)

I just purchased an HP touchpad which should have skyping access yet I cant skype using the same account Ive been using for two years. Is there anyone with skype support who could help with this issue? HP after 2 hours stated it is an issue with skype not the tablet. Help with this issue would truely be appreciated.....

fawnx4
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (4,548 Views)

I have threesome problem just get in to my sign in page how do I get to the dial page???????

Posted from HP TouchPad
eisele
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (842 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling