GE 31591

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GE 31591

Does anyone know anything about the GE 31591 phone?  It was just announced (along with "FreeTalk", and so far, all I can find about it is the announcement itself, and some high level stuff in the Skype Store.

Thanks

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 50 (2,123 Views)

Re: GE 31591

dorkenhoff wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the GE 31591 phone?  It was just announced (along with "FreeTalk", and so far, all I can find about it is the announcement itself, and some high level stuff in the Skype Store.

Thanks

Please see this:

http://shop.skype.com/phones/cordless-router/ge-31591ge1/

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 2 of 50 (2,111 Views)

TheUberOverLord wrote:

dorkenhoff wrote:

Thanks

Please see this:

[link removed because I can't post links] 

That would be the Skype store that I referred to in my initial post.  What I was looking for was something more indepth.  Does the phone use the same [broken] firmware that the Philips/Netgear/Linksys phones do, does it have a headset jack, etc.  Maybe someone has a link to the manual..

PS See how I resisted the urge to say "your post was not helpful" :happy:

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 50 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]

dorkenhoff wrote:

TheUberOverLord wrote:

dorkenhoff wrote:

Thanks

Please see this:

[link removed because I can't post links] 

That would be the Skype store that I referred to in my initial post.  What I was looking for was something more indepth.  Does the phone use the same [broken] firmware that the Philips/Netgear/Linksys phones do, does it have a headset jack, etc.  Maybe someone has a link to the manual..

PS See how I resisted the urge to say "your post was not helpful" :happy:

Please click the "See Details and Scale" link on that page and the any of the tabs :wink: to see more information, such as the FAQ tab, as on example.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 50 (2,106 Views)

"Details and Scale" is useless - it shows assorted views of the phone and its base station.  Not particularly detailed.

The FAQ has three questions/answers, none have the info I'm looking for.  And, before you suggest it, the link "See support link for full list of FAQs" just sends you to another page which then sends you to the GE page which doesn't have any info for this phone.

So I'm still looking for the same sort of info I was before - does this phone use different firmware than the Philips/Netgear/Linksys phones (and hopefully therefore not have the frequent "Unavailable" issue); does this phone have a headset jack, or is there a DECT 6.0 headset that can be paired with it, etc.

Thanks

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Message 5 of 50 (2,099 Views)

dorkenhoff wrote:

"Details and Scale" is useless - it shows assorted views of the phone and its base station.  Not particularly detailed.

The FAQ has three questions/answers, none have the info I'm looking for.  And, before you suggest it, the link "See support link for full list of FAQs" just sends you to another page which then sends you to the GE page which doesn't have any info for this phone.

So I'm still looking for the same sort of info I was before - does this phone use different firmware than the Philips/Netgear/Linksys phones (and hopefully therefore not have the frequent "Unavailable" issue); does this phone have a headset jack, or is there a DECT 6.0 headset that can be paired with it, etc.

Thanks

You are very welcome. Please use this link which is also on the FAQ tab as well: http://www.gephones.com/support/contact-us/

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 50 (2,093 Views)

Uhm... It's slmost like you're living in my past, responding to my questions with links to sites I've already visited and mentioned here. Kind of creepy, but not particularly helpful. Thanks for playing along, there are some nuce parting gifts for you backstage.
Posted from Apple iPhone
dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 50 (2,050 Views)

dorkenhoff wrote:
Uhm... It's slmost like you're living in my past, responding to my questions with links to sites I've already visited and mentioned here. Kind of creepy, but not particularly helpful. Thanks for playing along, there are some nuce parting gifts for you backstage.

Since I can't seem to make you happy, hopefully, the last link I gave in my prior post will allow you to ask as many questions as you wish to GE directly.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 8 of 50 (2,048 Views)

Does anyone know about power adapter input if it works with 220v, or only with 120v?

Happyboy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 50 (2,018 Views)

does it work this existing accounts (that already have a Skype in #, voice mail or international calling) or is it for new accounts only

does it show and send Caller ID

the adapter itself is a wall-wart that plus right into the wall (w/US plug only) so is it 120v-220v or only 120v

thegreatfixer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 50 (1,994 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling