Re: GE 31591

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Thanks.  that's kind of what I thought about the new GE phone - maybe it's better than the Philips I had that was falling apart - the GE is cheap enough to give it a try.  I ordered one 10 days ago, got a confirmation from ebuynow, and then an apology - they said they sent me a freetalk accidentally and asked that I return it when it arrives (they would pay for shipping if I provided receipts).

Sadly, neither the Freetalk nor the GE phones have arrived and of the FOUR tracking URLs I was given last week, two are invalid according to the US Post Office, and two say that the shipper has sent them details on shipping something, but has not actually given them the package to ship.

I've asked the ebuynow people what's going on, but not heard anything from them.  I figured I'd wait another day or two and then dispute with PayPal.  I never bought anything from ebuynow; maybe they're always this incompetent and I'm just naive about shopping on the Internet.

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 21 of 50 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]

The phone finally made it onto the GE Site and Amazon.  To find it on gephones dot com, then choose "Advanced Cordless".  The page includes a couple of manuals as well.  For the amazon link ($59 for the phone), go to amazon, then search for "GE 31591"..

Boy, uberoverlorddude, I sure wish I could post links.

Edit: The GE site has links to a couple of manuals; neither of them actually work. 

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Message 22 of 50 (800 Views)

Can someone who bought this phone to look on the power adapter and see if it works with 220v?

Happyboy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 23 of 50 (785 Views)

I had to threaten them via e-mail to get my phone. I didn't receive tracking or any kind of confirmation e-mail either.

I'll never buy ANYTHING from ANYOE who uses ebuynow.com - its a total 100% BS company with **bleep** logistics.

On the other note, I did get my phone and it works great with the calling subscription and online number.

tristaraerial
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 24 of 50 (778 Views)

No it doesnt. There are two adaptors (one for cordless base and one for router) and both requires 120V.
duckiee_NY
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 50 (725 Views)

It is overall a solid phone. The process of setting up was quick and easy. I was able to login to my SKYPE account and make/recieve calls in minutes.

The adpators require 120V only. It wont work on 240v without a transformer.

I have one problem and that is the contacts are not loading. I saw few contacts load and then dissappear. Not sure how i can resolve this issue.
duckiee_NY
Novel Adventurer
Message 26 of 50 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]

I got mine today. Easy to set up, but I too can not see my contacts. Called GE for 30 minutes - much of it on hold. She was useless and knew less about the phone than I do. In the end told me to call Skype.

I've never got any help from Skype in the past so not sure where to go from here.  Any thoughts?

I signed out of skype on my computer and quit skype. I logged out on the phone and then logged back in - still no contacts.  

Sunburst
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 50 (702 Views)

Hmm, I'm looking at this phone too. We have an old adapter to our phone system that we have to use the computer to actually call on. Anyone see the additonal handsets and has the contact list thing been fixed?
maddbomber83
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 50 (629 Views)

I have not been able to get any help from GE or Skype. I have not emailed ebuynow.com which is where it shipped from to see if they can help or if I can return it. If I can not load contacts this phones is pretty useless.

Sunburst
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 50 (624 Views)

I've not seen the additional handsets online yet - I imagine that if you need a second handset, you can just buy a second complete phone/base and pair the handset that comes with that with a different base (yes, I realize this doesn't scale and is pricey).

I've not run into the contacts problem either.  Mine seems to be working fine.  The only disappointment is the lack of any sort of headset (wired, bluetooth, DECT 6.0, etc - none are supported).

dorkenhoff
Routine Adventurer
Message 30 of 50 (594 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling