Correction: Skype on Nokia E5

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Correction: Skype on Nokia E5

Mistake in my previous posting: should read E5 in stead of C5 of course.

Real message is thus:

I wanted to install Skype on my mobile Nokia E5, introduced my number on the website, clicked on the SMS link I received, downloaded the program and wanted to install (version 1.10(7)). I then received the message that the application is not compatible with my phone. I still went through but it seems the message was right because noting is happening.

What should I do?

Dirk

dirkbrems
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 43
Message 1 of 22 (37,291 Views)

Re: Correction: Skype on Nokia E5

i also have same problem on NOKIA E5. i purchased new phone even after watching its compatibility from skype website. please do someting and email us about solution. since skype is not working on phone nokia E5.

mharoon6pk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 22 (37,165 Views)

Same problem for me. Have just downloaded Skype to my Nokia E5, after checking compatibility on the Skype website. Got the message it wasn't compatible whilst installing but carried on - but nothing happens if I try to run it.

Can someone tell me if there is any way to get it working with an E5 or not?

martinw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 22 (37,059 Views)

I have bought new nokia E5 last week. I downloaded skype from mobile, while installing i got message that the version is incompatible. And after installing, skype logo is there but it does not load the application. Please look into this.

sudheershenoy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 22 (36,888 Views)

I have the same problem. The funny thing is that i have reading this posts from people with e5's who have perfectly working skype on their devices. So.. Any solution?

evvvv
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 22 (36,780 Views)

Hi folks,

I'm using skype 1.5 on my E72. Yes there is a glitch on skype's mobile site and on OVI store as they have downgraded the version to 1.10 for s60 devices due to some low end phones with slow processors.

But you can download version 1.5 which was designed for s60, but was downgraded and removed from supported list.

Here is the link, but download version 1.5 for s60. This will definately work

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Chat/Skype-S60-89548.shtml

Cheerz,

Kenneth Eric

keny350
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 22 (35,955 Views)

Guys, had the same problem. I downloaded skype from the Ovi store and its working perfectly fine. 

jay1013
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 22 (35,765 Views)

Thankyou Kenneth Eric. You are a start!! you got my sykpe running. I have written a post about this issue and I will put credits for you.
AyeshaAhmed
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 22 (35,383 Views)

Thank you very much Kenneth, You solved my problem. Now I'm able to run Skype on my E5.
Roshoo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 22 (34,287 Views)

Many Thanks Kenneth, you are a Star, Skype on my E5 is cruising. :happy:

syedkoki
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 22 (32,138 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling