Connection problems with 1st generation Skype phon...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Connection problems with 1st generation Skype phones

Hi!

I have a Dualphone 3088 and have problem with skypeout calls in Hungary.

About 70% of skypout calls I not hear any sounds after ringing, and the called person esperience is same. In other occurence the sound quality is horrible. Landline calls and skype to skype calls work fine with Dualphone. With computer the skypeout calls is work fine too.

szemistv1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 71 of 141 (921 Views)

Today is 7th May and my Topcom Webt@lker 6000 has connection problem since one week.

What is wrong with Skype in Poland?

How to solve this problem? Did Microsoft forget about first generation dual phones?

pioreccy_podlez
Novel Tourist
Message 72 of 141 (905 Views)

Re: Connection problems with Skype phones

[ Edited ]

Dear Skype:

I, as well as many others on this forum, have now had serious issues for several months, and they continue to be ignored, belittled, or you just blame the phone maker instead.  Of Course that is typical microsoft, just like your software and PC relationships, its not the software->it's the hardware so not our problem.....  The funny things, right after I get an email saying "we can't help you because we want to blame the phone maker..." you send me this note:

Hi there,      You recently contacted Skype Customer Service and we’d love to get your feedback on the support you received.  Completing this survey will only take a few minutes and will help us improve the service we provide.  Your answers to these questions are most important.

I find the so humerous... because it is so obvious to the entire user community that you could not care less about what we think, or how the product is working.... just like Microsoft, you just want us to upgrade and get our money!

So sad, you took Skype that was working so well, and within days of the Microsoft purchase... you distroyed it!

Thank you- for nothing.

Chris

Chris2539
Casual Adventurer
Message 73 of 141 (899 Views)

Re: Connection problems with Home Phone Adapter for Skype

jm777 wrote:

Received Home Phone Adapter for Skype and hooked it up and it was working fine for a few months but now everytime I try to call I get a message to check my connection with Skype. The problem is how do I contact skype to check my connection.  Please advise!!

What colour is the LED light on the connect me showing? Is it solid green?

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 74 of 141 (885 Views)

Chris2539 wrote:

Dear Skype:

I, as well as many others on this forum, have now had serious issues for several months,

Hi,

The original problem as stated in this thread was resolved a long time ago now. From searching back here it seems you are having two problems:

1) One particular Skype Name cannot log into your device

2) Your device keeps losing its connection

Is this correct? You say that your Skype Name was working fine before the general issue, are you 100% sure that nothing has changed (eg password, number of contacts etc.) It seems extremely unlikely to me that it would be related to the issue of nothing being able to login.

A device losing its connection would indicate to me some kind of power/network intermittent problem, or possible even a faulty device. I am not completely familiar with this 'phone but as far as I am aware there are many other users of it.

/Simon 

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Message 75 of 141 (880 Views)

Hello Simon

Everything I originally posted 6 weeks ago (included end of this message) is still the situation. The only additional point I can add is that I was able to change the password on the Talk3000 and sign in to the problem account one time only. I made a call to confirm the connection worked and then signed out. However, when I tried to immediately sign back in with the new password, the same situation of cycling and not signing in resulted. I even tried the original pass and that did not work either. I have been able to create a new account using the same phone and it ALWAYS is able to sign in and connect. Unfortunately, my SkypeIn number is tethered to the Skype ID that I am unable to sign in on. You suggested that the number of contacts could affect the ability to sign in if the number contacts had changed... could you explain this further. I have been an engineer for 22 years now and solve problems daily but this situation has stumped me.

Also, how can I make arrangements to return my Talk3000 phones for a refund if the manufacturer claims it is a Skype issue and not theirs.

Thank you very much.

-------------------------------------------

Hi,

The original problem as stated in this thread was resolved a long time ago now. From searching back here it seems you are having two problems:

Is this correct? You say that your Skype Name was working fine before the general issue, are you 100% sure that nothing has changed (eg password, number of contacts etc.) It seems extremely unlikely to me that it would be related to the issue of nothing being able to login.

A device losing its connection would indicate to me some kind of power/network intermittent problem, or possible even a faulty device. I am not completely familiar with this 'phone but as far as I am aware there are many other users of it.

/Simon

Options

< second post on this skype support website 6 weeks ago >

Hello Claudius

I was wondering how the fix was going that was started in April 15. I am still unable to connect using my 2 FreeTalk Talk3000 Office Phones (all details in my previous post below). Mt second phone was just purchased at the end of January 2012. I contacted tech support March 24th 2012 via chat and they said they were aware of the issue and working on it. I am still unable to use my two $85 phones purchased from the Skype website. If you need any addition info, please contact me. Do you know how long it will take before I can use my phones again?

Thank you

< pulled from my conversation on March 24th 2012 with tech support >

5:56:35 PM Jayvee M. says,
On the Heartbeat, you will see this: Skype certified hardware log-in problems
5:57:51 PM ----- says,
i can log one one account (my wife's) but not mine
5:59:15 PM Jayvee M. says,
Yes, I understand that. But since this is a known issue, we cannot guarantee the since you are able to one account, you will be able to sign in with the rest of your account. That is why we are still having this fixed, okay?
6:00:30 PM ----- says,
my phone is not listed as having the issue
6:01:00 PM Jayvee M. says,
This involves all Skype phone.
6:02:39 PM ----- says,
what are "1st generation Skype phones" as per ...
6:02:40 PM ----- says,
http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-devices/Connection-problems-with-1st-generation-Skype-phones/td-...
6:03:46 PM Jayvee M. says,
You mentioned that your phone is not in the list right?
6:03:54 PM ----- says,
that is correct
6:04:05 PM Jayvee M. says,
You will notice that under the list of affected phones, it says: Please report here if you have another Skype certified phone not able to log in any more
6:05:01 PM Jayvee M. says,
If your phone is not in the list, please feel free to report it there so that our developers can address this issue with your phone as well, okay?
6:06:04 PM ----- says,
ok - i will try this - this issue seems to be 2 weeks old and mine is 4 or more - maybe even 6 weeks ago when i noticed it
6:06:56 PM Jayvee M. says,
I know that this can be very frustrating. Rest assured that our developers are working hard to having this fixed, okay?
6:07:04 PM ----- says,
ok
6:07:16 PM Jayvee M. says,
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
6:07:50 PM ----- says,
it seems that i can not proceed any further
6:08:31 PM Jayvee M. says,
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again and I’ll be more than happy to assist you further.

< original post on this skype support website 6 weeks ago >

Hello Claudius

I have 2 FreeTalk Talk3000 Office Phones purchased from the skype website.

I can't sign in using my skype ID on either phone.

I CAN sign on to my wife's skype ID without a problem on both phones.

It seems only when I try to sign on to my account that the sign in fails.

This has been going on for about 4-6 weeks.

I have a Linksys CIT200 phone that connects fine (the CIT400 is listed as affected) using my ID.

I have 2 android phones that connect fine using my ID.

I have 2 other usb phones that connect fine using my ID.

I can connect using 2 different versions of Skype on a PC using my ID.

When I sign in on the Talk3000 office phones using my skype ID, it seems to connect but then returns to the welcome screen and starts over. As I stated previously, I can sign on to other accounts using the same Talk3000 office phone, just not mine.

Both phones worked perfectly prior to this issue.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you very much.

christianstudio
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 76 of 141 (875 Views)

Hello Simon-

to quote:

""""

Chris2539 wrote:

Dear Skype:

I, as well as many others on this forum, have now had serious issues for several months,

Hi,

/Simon

""""

Simon-

Nothing has changed as far as passwords or contacts....  you mentioned you think it could be power or network.... I have everything on a large battery backup APU to power going during brown outs or blackouts...  as far as network interrupts with the DSL provider, that could be an issue, and I'm not sure how to measure that....  would that cause a 'registration lose'?   it would be odd that most of the time I can still make outbound calls but can't recieve inbound ones.... there are occasions I have to reboot completely to make inbound and outbound calls. 

Does Skype have technicians that can actually troubleshoot this? 

Chris

PS... I have never had an issue actually logging in; the problem is staying logged in!

Chris2539
Casual Adventurer
Message 77 of 141 (872 Views)

I don't have any direct contact with Grandstream yet but will have soon and I will talk to them about your case.

As I've got little to go on at the moment just trying to think of what could be causing your particular problem.

Could you possibly pm me the Skype Name you are using and I will see if I can find out anything obvious?

Thanks

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Message 78 of 141 (868 Views)

Apologies to Chris2539 and christianstudio I appear to have mixed up your issues. It gets difficult to follow when everything gets thrown into one thread. I think I've got it now, I will see what I can find out.

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Message 79 of 141 (856 Views)

Hello again Simon

I also wanted to add to my post 3 higher that this is the first problem I have had since I began using Skype in Feb 2006. I only make a few calls a day but the Skype number is important as it has been printed on all my business cards for the past 5 years. I bought the 2 Talk3000 phones from the Skype website as they seemed to be the perfect solution so I would not need to leave a wifi network running all the time. I put one at either end of my photostudio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

christianstudio
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 80 of 141 (851 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling