Connection problems with 1st generation Skype phon...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Connection problems with 1st generation Skype phones

Since I posted this comment Ebuynow have been in touch seeking to resolve the issue. They have refunded the cost of 2 phones I purchased with them, refunded me the postal costs of returning them and sent me a new phone which now works. I am a little baffled as to why 2 of the phones suddenly decided to stop working but to be fair to them they have done their best to resolve the issue and fingers crossed my phone now behaves itself.

KFSearch
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 91 of 141 (723 Views)

Re: Connection problems with Skype phones

Hello!

In RE: "Hi Chris; I have a GXV3140 that works fine with Skype. I can make/receive calls with no problems. I used to have problems when using Wi-Wi but a firmware upgrade was needed If you are using WiFi  try latest f/w"

I wasn't using WiFi, but rather a direct connection...  SKYPE finally tried to help after months of agrevation, and said they would talk to Grandstream....  then STILL no reponse or help.  

I finally GAVE UP!  I need my phone, so decided to buy a Polycom phone and signed up with 8X8 for great VOIP service and tech support!  Its more money, but it is very reliable!

If anyone wants to buy my slightly used Grandstream Phone, let me know or it is going up on EBAY!  

Bye to Skype and Grandstream... I gave up!

Chris2539
Casual Adventurer
Message 92 of 141 (713 Views)

As of June 20 (more or less a few days) my skypephone ( DUALphone 3088 ) is also down. It was working fine until then, but now it does not sign in. I live in the Federated States of Micronesia. Not sure which is the server I am trying to log in, but it simply does not log in...

immanuel79
Novel Tourist
Message 93 of 141 (686 Views)

My Dualphone 3088 does not work either. This is out of Switzerland. What a crap service from Skype. 

pierre2020
Casual Adventurer
Message 94 of 141 (668 Views)

Thanks God, finally I could solve this problem with my Dual Phone 3088

You must update the firmware to the version 0245

For this go through the Menu to Settings, then go to Advanced, then go to firmware update, then go to All firmware vers. and select 0245.

That's all

RubenDiaz
Novel Tourist
Message 95 of 141 (651 Views)

Ensure that Version 245 of the firmware is being used.

On the phone menu go to:

Settings > Advanced > Firmware update > All firmware versions > Version 245

paulcarter0123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 96 of 141 (631 Views)

I'm having that same problem with the phones...has your issue been resolved?

jaliscopaper
Casual Adventurer
Message 97 of 141 (617 Views)

Hello Sir

I have a solution to the problem that I was having. My 3088 phone only works on version 245 of the Skype firmware. Therefore goto Settings > Advanced > Firmware Update > All firmware versions > Version 245. Then when this is installed ignore any attempt to upgrade your version.

paulcarter0123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 98 of 141 (613 Views)

So What do I do if it says FAILED?  I Have the handset GE Digital Cordless Phones. And I still cannot make or receive calls they go directly to my computer. Thing is I don't have a mic so that's pointless to answer the calls. Therefore I bought the phones, they were working great and about a week ago they stopped. So any suggestion?

jaliscopaper
Casual Adventurer
Message 99 of 141 (597 Views)

Please contact the place that you bought the 'phone from and they will help you.

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 100 of 141 (592 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling