Can I install Skype on Nintendo Wii?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can I install Skype on Nintendo Wii?

I just bought a Nintendo Wii, and was wondering if Skype can be installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mikes313
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 7 (29,500 Views)

Re: Can I install Skype on Nintendo Wii?

Currently, the Nintendo wii does not support skype. The only third-party app wii supports is Netflix. On the upside...well sort of a downside now that you've bought the wii... is that Nintendo is supposedly coming out with the Wii U (sometime in 2012) which will have video capabilities and may also be compatible with skype. Hopefully the rumors are true and they'll find a way to make skype compatible with the 'old' wii as well! :cathappy:

Hope I helped, have a wonderful day! :]

OwlEyedHeart
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 7 (29,417 Views)

Hello, OwlEyedHeart or anyone

I just want to check if right now it is still the same situations with wii and Skype. Can I install Skype on my Nintendo Will?

thank you for your time

jesus

jesusto30
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (23,285 Views)

skype is not compatible with the wii u but it should update soon
cuteboots01
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (18,080 Views)

Thank you cuteboots01.

Hey by the way, when do you estimate that it could happen?
jesusto30
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (18,077 Views)

I bought the Wii U ! and its camera in the controler and im pretty sure I saw in a will commercial a girl skyping! If anyone know how please tell me! All of my USB ports are shot but my cable box, blue ray player and tv all have usb ports I wish i could hook um my camera that way! Any help I would love! thanks jmflannagan12
jmflannagan12
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (17,844 Views)

I run netflicks through my wii u and blue ray player how can i connect my camera and make it work thanks jmflannagan12
jmflannagan12
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (17,844 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling