Re: Another Skype for BlackBerry post !

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

And if you hear anything please let me know too! I am in Brazil and there is no way I can find to have Skype on my BB. It sucks :sad:
officemarcia
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 77 (896 Views)

As we are not permitted to post links on here I thought you may want to do a search for an interesting article today on the UK Daily Telegraph website. The headline was 'BlackBerry phones 'to run Android apps'. I'm not an application freak so this is no big news for me and it probably won't apply to existing BlackBerry operating systems but if BlackBerry are to run Android apps in the future, does that include Skype ? Is this what it takes to get Skype for BlackBerry ? We must make our own minds up on this one because as we all know, both Skype and BlackBerry are incaple and unwilling to give us answers on ridiculous situation.

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 184
Message 12 of 77 (886 Views)

officemarcia wrote:
And if you hear anything please let me know too! I am in Brazil and there is no way I can find to have Skype on my BB. It sucks :sad:

It is indeed a very depressing situation that BlackBerry users around the world are being denied the use of Skype. Keep posting, keep writing to Skype and BlackBerry, and stay hopeful that one day they might just wake up and listen.               

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 13 of 77 (881 Views)

Another great article from Skype today and I qoute ..

''The FREETALK® Connect•Me Home Phone Adapter for Skype and a New Skype-enabled Cordless Phone from GE Open up a New World of Calls from Your Home Phone

At Skype, we strive to ensure anyone can use Skype anywhere, at any time. As a result, you can now use Skype on your computers (Windows, Mac or Linux), iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and even on a Skype-enabled HDTV or Blu-Ray player. Today we are excited to announce the availability of two new partner products that will help us to enable even more Skype conversations.''

Yes folks, using Skype from your homephone just got easier but using it on your BlackBerry device ? Well that remains impossible for the huge evergrowing number of people around the world who are waiting for a general release of Skype for BlackBerry. The wait goes on, the silence continues. Instead of this section of the Skype community being labelled 'other devices' it should be changed to 'devices we don't care about'. So once again, if anyone from Skype is reading this PLEASE issue some kind of statement to us hopefuls who would love to use your product on our BlackBerry devices.

bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 14 of 77 (853 Views)

As all other methods of obtaining any feedback from Skype regarding their refusal to put Skype on general release for BlackBerry seemed to have failed I notice today they have a new help address for anyone who uses Twitter. They can be contacted, followed at @SkypeSupport  ..  Good Luck.

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 15 of 77 (835 Views)

First, I'm a little lost here but I have Skype working OK [call to/receiving via non Skype calls] on my BBM using Skype where the software is dloaded from .... three as in www then three then dot then co then dot then uk.

Three have an agreement with Skype [part of the Hutchinson group in Europe]; even though I'm in the UK someone might like to dload from this site & see if Skype works in other countries. You can always delete it.

If using Skype on a BBM is not the problem in your resident country ... at least you have a new website to view!

0 Kudos
guinness
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 16 of 77 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]

bscdb wrote:

As all other methods of obtaining any feedback from Skype regarding their refusal to put Skype on general release for BlackBerry seemed to have failed I notice today they have a new help address for anyone who uses Twitter. They can be contacted, followed at @SkypeSupport  ..  Good Luck.

I will give @SkypeSupport some credit for responding to my enquiry but I'm afraid the response was nothing to get excited about. ''Unable to comment''  WHY ? It is not like we are asking for the blue print to the nuclear ambitions of a third world country. We simply want to know why not, or when Skype for BlackBerry will be put on general release. Is that really too much to ask ?

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 17 of 77 (821 Views)

Hi,

@guinness:

The "Three deal" with Skype is comparable to the one with Verizon in the US.

Look at the faq-pages of Three:

Skype on Three is different from Skype Lite and the Skype software that uses Wi-Fi connections, like on iPhones, to connect to the internet. Our Skype software is unique to Three and designed so Skype is free

Meaning: if you pass over our network and don't use it too often you're ok. Oh, and don't go outside UK, because there, due to the roaming, you will pay anyway for your Skype-to-Skype call! There is no Wifi possibility, so for us, the BB users outside US (and now UK) there is still no solution! We want to be able to use Skype as we do on our PC's like other brands are "allowed" to do by Skype...

Grtz,

lvl

0 Kudos
lvl
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 137
Message 18 of 77 (815 Views)

It seems too much to ask it seems and this since years! Is Skype so afraid of lawsuits or what and from whom?
Grtz,
lvl
0 Kudos
lvl
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 137
Message 19 of 77 (814 Views)

Would it be a fair assumption that this community only exists so Skype don't actually have to spend time and money helping their customers ?

0 Kudos
bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 20 of 77 (802 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling