Since upgrading to Belle Skype no longer works. Is there a workaround for this of some kind? Will Skype release a compatible verison any time soon? There is nothing on the Ovi store, it says the application is not compatible with my phone (X7 on Belle).
02-05-2012 09:55 - last edited on 02-05-2012 13:19 by Isadora
I need skype give sybian to Nokia X7 belle, you send my donation according to email: [edited for privacy]
The better question is, how do you get skype working at all for nokia x7, it seems skype isn't even supported for this model
sooooooooooooo... anyone care to enlighten me if someone has gotten nokia x7 to work on Anna version of x7?
24-05-2012 13:59 - edited 24-05-2012 14:14
Dear Ian, I have also upgraded my Nokia X7 to belle and Skype stopped to work after upgrade to belle. But there is a simple solution to this problem, Follow the following steps:
1. Go to store.ovi.com on PC
2. Select "Nokia 603"as your device & log in into your OVI accont. (Because Nokia 603 runs on Belle and official skype is available for download for nokia 603 in the ovi store.)
3. Type Skype in sach field.
4. Skype will be shown in the list of applications.
5. Download Skype via PC, Ovi suite must be installed on your PC to download and install Skype on your X7.
I have myself done this today. It worked 100%. Hope it will help you.
05-06-2012 20:30 - edited 05-06-2012 20:32
Walil, i tried your fix but it didn't work.
I fixed it with the second method of [invalid URL] (EDIT: apparently the URLs are deleted. Well simply search in google for 'nokia ovi store hack' and take the first link)
(combined with searching for skype for nokia 603)