Is there a SKYPE App for the Blackberry 9900 Bold ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Is there a SKYPE App for the Blackberry 9900 Bold available

I'm considering buying a Blackberry 9900 Bold here in the UK.

I can't seem to find out if there is a SKYPE app for this model.

Does anybody know if this available or if the app fro a different model works on the 9900.

Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi, jchissy, and welcome to the Community,

Depends upon if your wireless carrier offers it ...

Regards,

Elaine

View solution in original post
jchissy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 29
Message 1 of 8 (50,213 Views)

Re: Is there a SKYPE App for the Blackberry 9900 Bold available

Hi, jchissy, and welcome to the Community,

Depends upon if your wireless carrier offers it ...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1962
Message 2 of 8 (50,209 Views)

Thanks for the rapid response, SKYPE on 3 seems to be the only one I recognize here in the UK, I'll check out the others now that I know there's an app available
jchissy
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (50,204 Views)

Hi, what if i have GiffGaff i really want Skype

crazyo10
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 8 (49,897 Views)

Hi, I'm trying to use skype on my bb9900 device here in uk. I'm with vodafone and seem to me I cannot use skype. Any advice pls?
Posted from BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
ranolakuk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 8 (49,686 Views)

Nobody chooses a network because it offers a particular application. Skype are way above themselves here and be warned, it is not a true version of Skype, or at least that is the case on Verizon.  

bscdb
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 185
Message 6 of 8 (49,667 Views)

I have now purchased a BB9900 from vodafone too, still waiting for an app that works.

Someone must know of one !!!!

jchissy
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (49,660 Views)

Hi there guys.

This issue with the Skype on the BlackBerry seems to me that it lasts for the past 4 years or so and in the mean time I had been using all the Blackberrys and still will use them for the next at least 4 more years. I had the Curve 8760, the Bold 9000, the Bold 9700, 9780 ... Finally now I using the Bold 9900 so I can tell you this:

1.Skype is stubborn enough not to develop an application that works for all the carriers which for me it is a big big minus for such big company.

... But because I love the Blackberry and it is what I need for my business ... And also, I like Skype I had been as well "stubborn" enough to try different third party apps just to make Skype work on my BB and ...

2. I'd tried them all: Blacada, ISkoot, IM+, IMO ... You name it I'd tried it and I can tell you that NONE WORKS DECENTLLY ENOUGH !!!

So what's the idea? It is simple and easy:
When Skype doesn't want you to be its customer why even bother?!
Do like I did... You have a group of friends or business partners that don't have all of them the BlackBerry Messenger? Just go for other then Skype...

Use the GTalk, use the Yahoo Mess, What's Up ... Whatever just use between yourselves different than Skype! It seems that's the only way!

Because Skype will probably be available for your carrier or just for your specific BB maybe, just maybe... When you and I will to too old to see the letters on the BB's screen!!!

Hope that one helps.
Posted from BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
cornel_baloi
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 8 of 8 (49,179 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling