Front facing camera on HTC Thunderbolt

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Front facing camera on HTC Thunderbolt

How can I get the front facing camera on my HTC Thunderbolt to work with Skype?  And how can get the speaker to work also.  I can make video calls but Skype only has an option for back camera.

mjr_mobile109
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (4,324 Views)

Re: Front facing camera on HTC Thunderbolt

Posted from HTC ADR6300
0 Kudos
aj_s
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 9 (4,299 Views)

Yeah, me too. Why won't skype support my thunderbolts front facing camera? The beta version had no problem, but the real thing does.

0 Kudos
jellis
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (4,291 Views)

This rear facing only camera is dumb. I can look at their faces and they get to lool at my feet!
Posted from HTC ADR6300
0 Kudos
doughuie
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (4,288 Views)

Looks like nobody from Skype has come to answer our questions, so I'm just gonna complain in hopes that they're working on a firmware update. Complain! Complain! Grumble grumble....
Posted from HTC ADR6300
0 Kudos
wyansas
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (4,257 Views)

I agree.  It's assinine  and it makes no sense at all.  I do believe, however that it was intended but that is soley my opinion.  Anyway, complaining here, according to the disclaimer, is not going to make any difference with our issue.

"No official support. These forums are NOT an official support channel. For official support, especially regarding payments and orders, we always ask you to submit a ticket."

:sad:

0 Kudos
sonicpooh
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (4,081 Views)

I saw a note when I downloaded the app that it's not supported with Froyo(2.2) and only Gingerbread(2.3) and above.  In theory this should work when the Thunderbolt updates to Gingerbread, but I don't know when that is.

I agree this is lame, but it is HTC that has been lagging on their update for months

0 Kudos
fcorrado88
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (3,310 Views)

I was told Q3 by HTC.
Posted from HTC ADR6300
0 Kudos
mjr_mobile109
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (3,303 Views)

Try Yahoo Messenger in the mean time.  It works like a charm with the front facing camera.  Have been using it since I got my thunderbolt when it came out.  It's the second best thing.

moehrl
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (3,163 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling