News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wesley24

Skype stories on and off the red carpet

by Wesley24 on ‎05-05-2014 09:01 (591 Views)

Sometimes Skype makes you part of really amazing and unexpected moments. I am living proof of that because, on behalf of Skype, I was recently on hand at the premier of Marvel’s Captain America the Winter Soldier in Los Angeles. Now I’m sure you’re jealous, and yes it was exciting to snap a pic of Scarlett Johansson as she walked past on the red carpet, but that wasn’t the highlight of my evening.

Scarlett Johansson

To a Skype Moment Maker, like me, you are the folks I really want to meet. I was there to talk to you about your Everyday Heroes and find out how you use Skype to stay in touch with them. The adventures on the big screen might be full of glitz and glamour, but there are stories that take place on the smaller screens of computers, mobiles and tablets every day which are just as amazing. They are the stories that you create on Skype.

That night I got to hear wonderful stories of individuals who work tirelessly to provide for their families.  Stories of family and friends serving in the armed forces and how Skype helps them stay connected to home. Times like this really put the various blessings we often take for granted into perspective.

I spent the evening listening to as many stories as I could, recording some of them as video messages, handing out some Skype goodies and screening passes for the movie and showing off some tips & tricks. It was also a great opportunity to hear from you firsthand about what you like and dislike about Skype.

It was also really interesting to hear how you use Skype to stay in touch with your Everyday Hero. Some people leave video messages for their heroes, others will be using free group video to assemble your Everyday Avengers on a call. If you’re looking for new ways to use Skype to contact your Everyday Hero, why not take a look at the Tips & Tricks blog? Or, if you’re just starting out with Skype, take a look at the Essentials videos to get yourself going.

But you don’t have to go all the way to Los Angeles to hear from people who have a Skype story to tell. Right here on the Skype Community, over two million of you have registered to join the discussion and I’m sure you all have your own story to tell. Who is your Everyday Hero  – the person who carries out heroic deeds every day without fanfare or rocket packs? Is it your mom? The coach of your team? The barista who makes your coffee *just right* every day?

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling