News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Claudius

Skype and Lync: Connecting the Living Room to the Board Room

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎30-05-2013 09:02 - edited ‎30-05-2013 09:03 (9,382 Views)

Skype_logo.png       Lync_logo.PNG

Today, we’re excited to announce Skype and Lync customers around the world are now able to connect with each other from across these platforms. With Lync-Skype connectivity, Skype users will now be able to reach a broader network of colleagues, partners and customers who are using Lync, Microsoft’s unified communications platform, connecting them into organizations of all sizes. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and meetings for business productivity and is owned by over 90 of the Fortune Global 100 companies.

As Tony Bates, President of the Skype division at Microsoft, explained in his keynote at the Lync Conference in February, people are at the center of our vision for the future of communications. To turn our vision into reality, we think it’s important to re-humanize technology so that consumers, professionals and decision-makers can interact with technology how and when they want – from the living room to the boardroom.

This is our first step in combining the enterprise richness of Lync and the global reach of Skype to transform the communications experience and enable Skype users to reach professional contacts in organizations of all sizes.

More details on how you establish the Lync, ehm.... link between Skype and Lync can be found in Skype's big blog. We are looking forward to hear about your experience and invite you to share your thoughts here on the Skype community.

Comments
by on ‎01-06-2013 03:20

Good luck getting your contacts to lync....

by malik_yaraan on ‎04-06-2013 17:12

:sad:

by drive-i-5 on ‎07-06-2013 21:51

SKYPE apparently NOT PROTECTING USERS PRIVACY!

US - CNN showing today that SKYPE, even though it is based in Luxenbourg, has apparently been complying with US government NSA requests, possibly through the PRISM Program, to obtain phone records of SKYPE users - from the many SKYPE users - - without any assumption of any guilt for any offence.

The question is "why" ????

SKYPE's Privacy Policy does not state "any compliance" with any supposed "secret court orders" requiring it to comply.

SEE SKYPE PRIVACY POLICY: http://www.skype.com/en/legal/privacy/

by Mister_Pickey on ‎10-06-2013 13:32

Despite what Cisco are attempting through the European Courts I believe that this is a good step in the right direction.

What I would really like to be able to do is have all of my Skype contacts replaced by my Office 365 contacts fully synched with Outlook 2013.

My guess would be that in order for this to happen we would need to be seeing the release of Skype Pro in much the same way as Office 2013 saw the release of SkyDrive Pro.

by p.k on ‎14-06-2013 10:22

hi room

by p.k on ‎14-06-2013 10:23

am new in skype so plssss add me up gracehenry7

by silvia48 on ‎18-06-2013 01:47

MUY FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS:(y)::bigsmile:

by ALGAFOOR on ‎18-06-2013 10:22

I renewed my subscription for $10.00 under order no.[removed for privacy] but now I noticed with order no

[removed for privacy] you auto charged again for $10.00 without my request. Please refund the $10.00

at your earliest.

Abdul Gafoor

by ALGAFOOR on ‎18-06-2013 10:30

please cancel or refund  the order which I did not intiated  for$10.00 withour my concern

to be refunded

Thanks

Abdul gafoor

by uwimana on ‎19-06-2013 23:04

If you fully obey the lord your God and carefully follow all his commands that I give you today, thelord you God will set you high above all the nations on earth.{ Deat 28:1}.

by uwimana on ‎19-06-2013 23:22

Nugira umwete wo kumvira Uwiteka Imana yawe  n'uwo kwitondera amategeko yayo yose ngutegeka uyumunsi,Uwiteka Imana yawe izagushumbisha amahanga yose yo mu isi.{Guteg 28:1}

by juice36 on ‎22-06-2013 21:08
Hello
by gatoloko58 on ‎23-08-2013 05:12

boa noite á todos(as)do SKYPE,pretendo fazer e conhecer muitas amigos p

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling