News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Joanna_M

Skype Community has a new look!

by Staff Moderator Staff Moderator on ‎22-08-2013 14:43 (3,079 Views)

After a several months of work we have finally launched the new design of Skype Community.

This may look like a simple design overhaul, but there is a lot more than meets the eye!

One of the guiding principles behind the update was to make it quicker to get to what matters to you. Now there’s a wealth of information right on the homepage, from the latest announcements, to the most kudoed authors and recent solutions. Additionally, in discussions where a solution has been identified, you will be able to see the solution right at the top.

There are many features that we still plan on adding to the website, so this new design is really a first step towards a very much improved user experienced.

I do like the new format, it aligns more with the other Skype pages, makes it easier to browse, read, and contribute but I have to admit- it took me a few days to digest the change.

And what do you think?

Explore the new site and submit your feedback to help us keep improving!

Comments
by rmahmud28 on ‎23-08-2013 04:31

Cool look! :happy:

by Thanhhoang122 on ‎26-08-2013 22:00

Joanna_M wrote:

After a several months of work we have finally launched the new design of Skype Community.

This may look like a simple design overhaul, but there is a lot more than meets the eye!

One of the guiding principles behind the update was to make it quicker to get to what matters to you. Now there’s a wealth of information right on the homepage, from the latest announcements, to the most kudoed authors and recent solutions. Additionally, in discussions where a solution has been identified, you will be able to see the solution right at the top.

There are many features that we still plan on adding to the website, so this new design is really a first step towards a very much improved user experienced.

I do like the new format, it aligns more with the other Skype pages, makes it easier to browse, read, and contribute but I have to admit- it took me a few days to digest the change.

And what do you think?

Explore the new site and submit your feedback to help us keep improving!

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling