News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Claudius

Skype 2.8 for Windows Phone: Now faster than ever

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎09-07-2013 17:26 - edited ‎10-07-2013 13:33 (48,665 Views)

Today we are releasing an update for Skype for Windows Phone 8.

This update brings a huge improvement to the time it takes the app to resume as well as improvements to message notifications and fixes for a number of issues. Learn more about the changes in Skype 2.8 for Windows Phone 8.

The change in time to start up really needs to be seen to be believed. Now you can switch between Skype and your other apps with the greatest of ease.

Have you got Skype on your Windows Phone? Have you tried this latest update? Come tell us what you think in the Windows Phone board.

Comments
by ibrahim.abdalla on ‎12-07-2013 00:38

je suis comme je suis

by jane.robb8 on ‎12-07-2013 00:41

I give. Skype is too fancy and too focused on selling a user something more for me to use. I'll have to do something else.

by thanes-sutheera on ‎14-07-2013 02:47

wellcome to skype community

by Mohamed1214 on ‎18-07-2013 19:34

I have a question on upgrading Skype to have group at one time. Can somebody help please.

by robertallonsius on ‎19-07-2013 15:25

nieuw op skype ken er nog niks van

by guillermoariza1 on ‎20-07-2013 22:54

Claudius wrote:

This update brings a huge improvement to the time it takes the app to resume as well as improvements to message notifications and fixes for a number of issues. Learn more about the changes in Skype 2.8 for Windows Phone 8.

The change in time to start up really needs to be seen to be believed. Now you can switch between Skype and your other apps with the greatest of ease.

Have you got Skype on your Windows Phone? Have you tried this latest update? Come tell us what you think in the Windows Phone board.

by colinbeard000 ‎26-07-2013 02:27 - edited ‎26-07-2013 02:28

cool update. thanks

by tolvean on ‎27-07-2013 14:39

Recently I have been asked for my password when logging onto Skype. My password is consistently rejected. Yesterday I re-set my password twice and this was acknowledged in emails from Skype. Yet the new password is still rejected. How should I proceed to log on? 

by fr-am on ‎28-07-2013 16:08 - last edited on ‎28-07-2013 16:11 by Moderator

Over a 2 week period I was charged 6 times ($10) by Skype.  I called my bank and they blocked my card and said the charges will be reversed.  I do not, however, want to disrupt my service/account with Skype.  What should I do?

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]

by maehaemad on ‎29-07-2013 11:39

:happe:

by kashif_mah on ‎29-07-2013 13:19

i need to send and receive the file on Lumia 820

by ardalan2002 on ‎29-07-2013 15:22

Claudius wrote:

by صباح on ‎30-07-2013 05:44

Claudius wrote:

by صباح on ‎30-07-2013 05:46

Claudius wrote:

Claudius wrote:

by abdulal on ‎31-07-2013 12:38

a

Claudius wrote:

Claudius wrote:

by smekken on ‎01-08-2013 19:40

hei

by chamiskype on ‎04-08-2013 11:29

Please let me know how to share screen on window 8?

I am not happy of the skype menue bar in window 8! almost can use skype functions at all.

Mike Chami

by community.name on ‎09-08-2013 19:05
Cindy lahens skype
by vanzari291 on ‎10-08-2013 20:39

necesito descargarlo q hago

by carlos.ortiz233 on ‎12-08-2013 23:14

:manhappy:

by ravishasta on ‎14-08-2013 17:14

i have setup an account in skype

now what do i do to get started

i want to use it on my mac, iphone etc

by TristanLone on ‎15-08-2013 21:09

Hi Skype Team, Please make it so that Group chats get notifications too for the WP8 app. Right now it's just one-on-one chats :S

by lecco on ‎15-08-2013 23:36

How. Fer. Bros

by lecco on ‎15-08-2013 23:39

How. Fer. Bros

by 5d on ‎17-08-2013 11:34

biubups

by WAMc on ‎18-08-2013 15:25 - last edited on ‎19-08-2013 01:32 by Moderator

How do you tell when you are receiving a SKYPE call?  Occasionally I get a pop up message in the lower rigfht of my monitor that says "so-and-so" is online.  "So-and-so" is always one of the individuals in my SKYPE contact list, but no incoming phone call is available. 

What is the SKYPE meaning of "So-and-so" is online?  Is this an incoming call and I just do not know how to answer?

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]

by Marioat1544 on ‎19-08-2013 00:21

how do I use screen sharing in the new version of windows 8?  you have done a great job confusing everything. I am a "premium member" and group screen sharing is supposed to be one of the features available to me.     I feel Skype is cheating me, I can not use wat  I have paid for.  

I just purchased a new laptop. everything is okay but Skype.   I hope some one will answer, but judging for your eagerness to take our money and slow delivery I doubt I will hear from you before 2060 and by then I will not be on this planet. 

I am supposed to have support as part of my plan. I have spent the entire afternoon trying to find the link that will allow me to ask a question, to no avail.   THAT IS WHY I AM SO UPSET  I have  better things to do than exploring  the confu-skype system.

by kaptan36 on ‎19-08-2013 17:29

What happened? Skype sucks now! My brother keeps trying to Skype me, but on his end it keps saying I'm not logged in. I ASSURE YOU FRIGGIN' SKYPE, I'M LOGGED IN!

by carl_a11 on ‎19-08-2013 21:07

NOT DELIVERED YET PROBLEM

With 3 systems, including a laptop that used to work fine too,  on two dsl connections, I get the circle on every message sent for a couple days now.  All else works fine.  The testing service is good and the phone calling works.  It seems that it acts like I am offline regarding instant messaging.  I have been on for years and never had this problem before and it seems to be specific to my account as all the other computers got the same problem.  I get notices when prople come on Skype as well.  Oddly, it worked for half hour yesterday and in the middle of the conversation it went bad permanently again.

There is a lot of talk about this problem but not as specific as this just instant message and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of solutions.   I would appreciate any comments.  Thanks...

by ngbanker on ‎20-08-2013 08:45

Hello Skype family. What is the problem with crashes and do they ever stop? I was leaving it on for notifications and all it kept saying was Skype has crashed. I had to restart everything. If this keeps happenning I will have to uninstall the program

Nannette Banker

by tomasjakubik ‎26-08-2013 18:16 - edited ‎26-08-2013 18:38

Why does Skype automatically 'drop' calls to 1-800 numbers after approximatelly 1 minute if you are on hold? What's the work around if any? Are Skype admins aware of this and if so why is it such and why will you not change these settings? This is very frustrating and much inconvenience. I tried calling the same company on a local Canadian telephone number, actually withdrawing money from my skype account, only to receive the same teleprompt service and be put on hold. Skype dropped the call this time after 2 min. I tried calling the same local Canadian number again and this time skype dropped the call after one minute of being on hold despite the fact I was paying for the call using skype credit. Shouldn't it be up to me to decide if I want to pay to be on hold. This is bollocks!

by PK-alliance on ‎22-10-2013 07:22

Where is my money????!? I paid 17.10.2013, the package 400 minutes by Russia on all rooms. Money from my bank card written off, and the account in Skype did not. Where is my money????!?

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling