News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Claudius

New Skype apps for your Windows Phone

by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎28-02-2012 16:53 (25,399 Views)

Skype Beta for Windows Phone

We are pleased to announce the availability of Skype Beta for Windows Phone. Click this link directly from your Windows Phone to get started or check out the Marketplace from your computer.

Remember, this is a Beta, so not all features will be working properly. To leave feedback please click this button here on the board:

new_message.png

Skype for Windows Phone supports the basic set of Skype features, like video calling and IM. You can read more about the app in general from our Big Blog post.

3_remoteprofile.pngSkype Beta for Windows Phone includes the following features:

• Skype to Skype audio calling
  • Skype to Skype video calling
  • Calling landlines and mobiles
  • One-to-one and group instant Messaging
  • Profile and account views
  • Mood message and profile picture updates from your buddies
  • Metro user interface

We have tested and certified the following devices for the best performance of Skype for Windows Phone:

• Nokia Lumia 710
  • Nokia Lumia 800
  • HTC Titan
  • HTC Radar
  • Samsung Focus S
  • Samsung Focus Flash

Skype 0.2.0.0 Beta for Windows Phone has currently a few not implemented features and known issues. Join the discussion here on the beta board.

GroupMe brings free private and group messaging to Windows Phone

To unleash the full potential of your Windows Phone as your personal communications device I suggest staying in the Marketplace for just a minute longer. Grab hold of the latest updated GroupMe app allowing you to stay in touch with groups of family, friends or colleagues with ease. Read all about the completely overhauled app here in the blogpost.

Comments
by abulkhan93 on ‎10-04-2012 21:34
When is the gold version to be release
by joellstar on ‎24-04-2012 02:36

I think it is inexcuseable that Skype does not note that the subscription fee on calls without a subscription are per minute and not per call.  I would expect this slight of hand of traditional carriers such Verison etc... not of Skype...really bad maketing.  Change your notations and note that such fees are per minute when you mention them! 

by NormieR on ‎28-04-2012 19:14

I have just bought a blackberry playbook ..... when is skype coming ? or are we being ignored ?

by moregan ‎25-06-2012 11:49 - edited ‎25-06-2012 11:51

I switched back to Viber because your app does not tell me when there is a message waiting for me which is the most basic of features. When will this be fixed, when does Skype come out of Beta? You work on IOS and Android, isn't it time you worked on your own OS?!

by fjs ‎01-02-2013 11:48 - edited ‎01-02-2013 11:49

Skype on Lumia 820 windows phone 8 is certainly outdoing my previous mobile experience on a N82 Symbian s60 version, closer to PC experience. Had most amazing video call over 3G and even clicking on links in chat, opening them in a browser.. but stuff eventually started to crash :wink: 

Something unclear, to what extent does it run in the background? I did some testing with a seperate skype account and found when the program was not live on the screen, you appear online but it receives no messages or calls as per the comment above.

I don't really care, but yeah it has this unpredictability.. You don't know whether it's alive or not in the background, can't control it! Also don't think you can have your status set to anything other than "online" or "invisible".

Whatsapp on windows phone 8 on the other hand.. different program, but it also seems to run in the background (in a secret non-explicit kind of way) but it does receive messages, albeit in a probably lagging kind of way..

by csongorxhero on ‎13-06-2013 15:08 - last edited on ‎13-06-2013 15:41 by Moderator

Dear Skype szucstamas2001et please disable it when someone calls your machine to become infected and that prints the tamas welcome! Please add to your contact list. when my computer was infected and had to buy a new one and it was the best antivirus North. nice **bleep** and ask your skype skypról not to call anyone regarding avoid troubles! thank you dear developers!  Thank you for your understanding

edited for privacy

by JohnWolfe62 on ‎22-06-2013 21:09

Since, Microsucks hides behind everything, I will post my response here.  In response to the SPAM, Subject: Congratulations! You have a new rank in Skype Community
Date: Sat Jun 22 12:01:30 PDT 2013

by mysaudijobs on ‎25-06-2013 09:45 - last edited on ‎25-06-2013 18:18 by Moderator

i am very happy to join skype community thank you for all please let me know how to remove or delete skype chat history from desktop skype version

Thank you

by donnaleelira on ‎26-06-2013 05:05

Hi, can anyone tell me how to delete invalid international numbers from my Skype "Dial" panel when using skype credit. Don't know how those numbers go there but need to get rid of them!

Any answers or suggestions, I have ended up calling one of them unintentionally, those people are getting PO'd at me and I am wasting Skype credits too.

HELP PLEASE!

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling