News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Claudius

Introducing the "Me too" button

by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎08-11-2011 12:24 (10,405 Views)

When you came to our community in search for help with Skype this has probably happened to you already: Using the community search you have found an existing message which describes the exact same issue you are facing or asks the question you wanted to raise. Until now you had to reply with a "I'm having this problem as well" message. 

Entering our latest feature enhancement: You will now see on the bottom of the first message of a thread a new button which allows you to state exactly that:

Me_too_button.png

The idea is that we can find out much more easily which messages are most important to the majority of our community users and address them. In addition it helps users to tell if their issue might be a more widespread one.

We are currently testing this feature and might adapt it according to your feedback. How do you like it so far? Did you use it and do you find it useful?

Comments
by msooner on ‎06-12-2011 04:45

I have had Skype for over a year. I only used it last year to talk to my daughter in Germany. I recently have a friend in Russia. I have been unsuccessful in sending a SMS text to their cell phone. The phone number, country code and area code are correct. What am I doing wrong? If I use the "verify" my cell#, will I get charged on my cell phone for sending SMS to Russia while using my cell # as the number listed in Skype?

by patrick-tully on ‎06-12-2011 20:19

How inh the name of all buggery do I get from here ( this page) to get to my contacts etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to skype some one but when I log in it takes me into all this rubbish

by mikelewistwo3 on ‎07-12-2011 01:07

need to talk to someone about my account... i don't know what or how to use skype????

by mikelewistwo3 on ‎07-12-2011 01:08

how to contact other users directry ??????

by mikelewistwo3 on ‎07-12-2011 01:17

by posting this message is anyone going to contact me???????? I can't find a number so i can talk to "the expert" who ever that is?????? I live is SC my number 803 3595168 ...MIKE LEWIS./....

by meginvt on ‎07-12-2011 04:19

I know you want us to read the other questions but I think it would be better to have the "Post a Comment" seen first.  It took me a while to scroll all the way down here.

Ok I need to change my username.  I can only see prompts for changing passwords.  How do I do this?

by dylanthayer420 ‎07-12-2011 05:38 - edited ‎07-12-2011 05:41

My pages will not load !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by rholland478 on ‎08-12-2011 06:31

This is reall, really anoying.

Every time I click the "get more help" it just puts me back on the previous page.

I'm sure this is all set up to avoid having to give an answer to specific problems/questions 

by davemac on ‎08-12-2011 16:26

i have reinstalled skype as i couldn't add contact--but this hasn't helped.  i am using windows 7.  can you help ?

by monica45552 on ‎10-12-2011 03:06

just set up a skype account and i dont know what i'm doing wrong as to y i cant place a call yet, someone has already sent me a request and i dont even know if i'm online yet, tho this says i'm currently in my account!  HELP ME PLEASE!

by vic-smith1 on ‎11-12-2011 13:45

Dear Sir

I have just bought creit to phone from Skype on the 9th of December foe £10 pounds plus vat which comes to £11.50 When I looked at my bank statment I had been stoped £11.50 twice wwhat can I doe

Regards Vic smith

by dsmodaro on ‎02-01-2012 01:38

Before today skype worked just fine on my computer, but today it has been frequently crashing.  It wasn't as bad at first and it crashed after 2 or 3 hours interval.  However it constantly crashes right after I log in and it is very annoying.  It keeps giving me "Skype has stopped working" messages. 

I have tried to uninstall and redownload skype, restarting my computer but it still won't stop crashing.

This problem is annoying me very much and I ask that you send a fix to me and the many others that have posted this complaint.

by bobr on ‎02-01-2012 02:19

Same problem but i am disconnected as soon as I begin a call.  earlier I saw a reference to a dowmload.  I can't seem to locate that entry again. The blogger claimed it cured this problem.  I recall this entry was posted today.

by mandyMUA on ‎02-01-2012 03:43

Before today skype worked just fine on my computer, but today it has been frequently crashing.  It wasn't as bad at first and it crashed after 2 or 3 hours interval.  However it constantly crashes right after I log in and it is very annoying.  It keeps giving me "Skype has stopped working" messages. 

I have tried to uninstall and redownload skype, restarting my computer but it still won't stop crashing.

This problem is annoying me very much and I ask that you send a fix to me and the many others that have posted this complaint.

dsmodaro

i am having the same problem but mine will crash or have a problem in about 1 min to less than 30 seconds

i have windows 7 and my laptop is brand new....

what is the problem!?!?!

by blessongt1 on ‎18-01-2012 16:27

hi my frinds out there.

Do you want to post a comment on the blog article "News and Announcements"
or do you want to ask a question on a different topic?

Let me post a different question
Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling