News and Announcements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Claudius

Improving Bluetooth support on Skype for Android and iOS with your help

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎06-06-2012 15:18 - edited ‎06-06-2012 15:27

Over the past months we have heard continued feedback on using Bluetooth devices together with Skype for iOS and Skype for Android. While some users can perform Skype calls without any issues others can't even get the headset to be recognized within the app.

Our developers spent quite some time in improving the support within the app but obviously we can't test every combination of mobile phone and Bluetooth devices. That's where you, our Skype community, comes into play: We would you to tell us which are your most popular (and most problematic) devices that we should look into and fix to work with Skype. Besides: We are also interested to hear if your Bluetooth device is working great with Skype. 

We'll be gathering your feedback in the next 7 days. Then both development teams will take a look at the top 5 devices for each platform. As a highlight you will be able to get feedback from both teams on Live Events on Twitter and here on the Community on next week's Thursday and Friday. You will of course also be able to get a reply on your Bluetooth question.

We've set up two seperate boards for your feedback:

Feedback for Bluetooth on Skype for Android 

Feedback for Bluetooth on Skype for iOS 

Looking forward for your insight on Bluetooth. 

Comments
by rqjames on ‎13-06-2012 09:14

I would like for skype to create an update that would allow the use to change the call tone! Not the ringtone which by the way is great that I can change that but I really would like to be able to change the call tone!!

by ric384 on ‎01-07-2012 12:56

Hi Claudius

Its great that everyone else in the world can use skype but what about the people that are blackberry users as im sure your aware there are close to a hundred million of us on different models of blackberry phones and play books and this number is still growing when will these all have skypes apps 

kind regards

richard

Claudius wrote:

Over the past months we have heard continued feedback on using Bluetooth devices together with Skype for iOS and Skype for Android. While some users can perform Skype calls without any issues others can't even get the headset to be recognized within the app.

Our developers spent quite some time in improving the support within the app but obviously we can't test every combination of mobile phone and Bluetooth devices. That's where you, our Skype community, comes into play: We would you to tell us which are your most popular (and most problematic) devices that we should look into and fix to work with Skype. Besides: We are also interested to hear if your Bluetooth device is working great with Skype. 

We'll be gathering your feedback in the next 7 days. Then both development teams will take a look at the top 5 devices for each platform. As a highlight you will be able to get feedback from both teams on Live Events on Twitter and here on the Community on next week's Thursday and Friday. You will of course also be able to get a reply on your Bluetooth question.

We've set up two seperate boards for your feedback:

Feedback for Bluetooth on Skype for Android 

Feedback for Bluetooth on Skype for iOS 

Looking forward for your insight on Bluetooth. 

by super-cool1989 on ‎12-07-2012 01:59

Hi, Bluetooth headset to use with skype would be awesome!

I have Sony Xperia Arc, I tried to use a bluetooth headset from Jabra. Unfortunayely, I could not use Bluetooth microphone, only bluetooth speaker worked. 

by bergh1970 on ‎18-07-2012 13:57

Hi Claudias

I am struggling to post a question on the forum, just being referred around in circles by the Skype website. I want to contact some one, can you send me the exact link or give me the exact e-mail address to e-mail to. ??

Please 

Bergh1970

by Staff Moderator Staff Moderator on ‎19-07-2012 06:46

@bergh1970 If you're looking to contact Skype CS. please follow this link.

by Moderator on ‎30-10-2012 01:11
by miked2 on ‎20-12-2012 01:29

i have a alcatel 985 android phone, and skype is not supporting a video calls and bluetooth already connected to phone.

also i have problem , can`t  receive a contacts, sent via another skype account . 

by Dps1234 on ‎14-06-2013 17:13

Hello I have a request to the skype team to let me know the kind of bluetooth heaset which would work with skype android, if anything does work. There are lot of topics discussed about this subject but no conclusive answer. Can skype please come up with the exact specs needed in the bluetooth headset for android skype. Thanks

by Pellel on ‎14-01-2014 11:22

I have Jabra Clipper and a plantronics calisto 620. Niether work with skype on Asus tf700t or Google Galaxy Nexus, No matter what kernel och Andorid ROM i'm using 4.0, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3

by Jeiries 4 weeks ago

My name is Jerry. This is my skype id - [Removed for privacy] I am from India. Last month I was at a friend's place and I used her phone Samsung S3 mini Android phone to log into my skype id to chat and I couldnt sign out of it. Now my friend is gone back to Qatar. The problem is that I am still logged onto skype, I believe from her phone cos the time zone on my id shows Qatar's time. I spoke to her, she said she had logged out from my id and she uses her personal id to chat. Each time i log in fm my wife's id I can see that I am still logged in when physically i didn't log myself in. so basically i am not signed out. The problem is I have a few clients on the list and this is creating problem for me when I don't respond. Please help ! ! !

My friend, she reset her phone and uinstalled Skype from her phone and she asked me to check if I am online and it still shows my id as signed in.

Please find below the instructions given by your agent as of yesterday morning chat with her :-

1ST Option:-

To logout your skype account, go to your skype profile you can see at the top icon its look like 3 lines, just only tap it in your phone it is at the right upper corner. if you tap the icon it will show you the dropdown list select logout. you are successfully logout if is go back to main menu where you will ask to log in username and password. if you want to sign in again just enter the username and password then press sign in or enter.

2nd Option:-

Second is try to do a hard reset on the phone. It’s like turning it off and taking the battery out.

3rd Option:-

Settings–>Applications–>Manage Applications and locate the Skype application. Then tap or clear history. Please make sure that all other device or computer are all logged out with your skype account.

Android settings -> Application Manager -> Skype -> Clear Data. And then do a hard reset on the phone. It’s like turning it off and taking the battery out.

I asked my friend to do all this, but still not success. It's still the same. Please can you help me??

Awaiting a quick response at the earliest.

Rgds

Jerry

Announcements

We have made changes to the way you register for Skype. Read more

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling