sign in to skype without using a microsoft account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sign in to skype without using a microsoft account

I have just bought a win 8 pc and want to use skype on it. I do not want to create a microsoft account and just want to sign in using my existing skype account. The skype app does not give me this option.....how can I get around this?

tracygreenusa1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 188
Message 1 of 380 (474,876 Views)

Re: sign in to skype without using a microsoft account

You can use Skype desktop client instead modern Skype

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6072
Message 2 of 380 (474,868 Views)

The modern Skype app supports login only with the Microsoft account. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 211
Message 3 of 380 (474,821 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think no one should accept this kind of forced membership of an operating system. I suggest that NO ONE EVER uses the new skype or create a skype account. This kind og system fascism shouldn't ever be accepted or even allowed for an operating system. Registering and creating account should be a free option not a forced thing

louisfjensen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 426
Message 4 of 380 (474,647 Views)

I totally agree, actually I installed the version recommended by Tamim and it worked, otherwise it would have been bye-bye Skype, people should never put up with this kind of abuse, the world would never turn commy if we don't allow it. Thanks for standing up.

atlantic
Tourist
Kudos: 140
Message 5 of 380 (473,633 Views)

this is utterly ricidulous.
marcosanta_031
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 76
Message 6 of 380 (472,246 Views)

Blood boiling, this. If I didn't need this for work I wouldn't use it. It also won't let me create the password I want because it's too simple. The arogance of assuming I care in the slightest if someone can hack my skype account... you're not that important skype. Get out of my way and stop trying to outsmart me. All of windows 8 is like this.  I'm not creating a microsoft account and honestly reasons like this are why I don't use Mac computers. Freedom was always the reason I didn't by Apple computers because I don't need my hand held. Guess there's no reason to by windows based computers any more...

zacgsa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 96
Message 7 of 380 (471,578 Views)

Ridiculous is right. I just did a quick search, there are endless chains like this one, tons of people are having the exact same problem: NO MICROSOFT, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO DECIDE FOR ME THAT MY SKYPE AND LIVE ACCOUNTS HAVE TO MEET!

This is so typical for your company. You don't get that you have to create INCENTIVES for people to do what you want, you cannot force them to. Why don't you ever learn...

fabfab
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 135
Message 8 of 380 (471,534 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mart: then please change that as quickly as possible.

fabfab
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 135
Message 9 of 380 (471,525 Views)

well done tamim.  next step is to work ou how to replace the skype on the front menu with the proper skype,  Any suggestions?

fitzroy777
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 10 of 380 (467,932 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling