mic not working in skype - windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mic not working in skype - windows 8

[ Edited ]

hi,

just bought new acer laptop with windows 8, which has  skype app already installed in it. Now, while echo testing, i could not hear the mic sound back, tried so many times, skype un-installed & re-installed as well. but still there is no microphone sound back to me.

but, i tried with my external headphone with microphone & it passes the echo test.

can someone help me out, what should i do.

Nilesh_Patel197
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (10,686 Views)

Re: mic not working in skype - windows 8

You can install ManyCam

http://download2.manycam.com/ManyCamStandaloneSetup.exe

Choose ManyCam as the audio source

Run Skype >> WinKey + C >> Settings >> Options >> Audio >> Microphone >> Select ManyCam Virtual Microphone.

manycam3.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 2 of 9 (10,616 Views)

Hi Tamim,
I downloaded manycam and selected it in the dropdown menu in settings on Skpe. I did some test calls and still can't hear my recordings. My friends on the other end can't hear me although everything on my control panel and on skype say the mic and speakers are working. Do you have any other ideas?
annunziatta
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (10,508 Views)

Did the same, installed manyCam, could not understand how to test mic there, or it did not work there as well.

ManyCam is trying to sell pro version, but i do not know if it would help.

I have HP Winsows 8 laptop, and I wish I bought Windows 7 laptop. it is good to have touch screen, without it would not be able to get around in Windows 8 at all.

So, I have seen Timtim answer with a different advice, it mentions  calling quality screen in "call". How to find it in Windows 8 Skype?

tanmer2
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (9,365 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply! I ended up taking it to a good repair shop for testing, and they recommended I just buy an external mic. It's cumbersome but works perfectly.

annunziatta
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (9,355 Views)

Hi All,

I had the same issue this morning with a brand new Dell Laptop with Windows 8. If your cam and mic are not working and you have done it all then you got to look at one place. Go to skype. On the right is the drop down of settings. And then PERMISSIONS. The tab to allow cam and mic is by default OFF. You got to turn that ON and BINGO!!!

Cheers!!!

badboy_tinny
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 9 (7,973 Views)

Well done!!!!!!!!!!! that worked a treat. Duhhhhh im not computer savvy but your instructions were spot on

tm1969
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (6,543 Views)

Well done badboy_tinny. YES - to get your mic to work you need to grant permission from the control panel settings.  I'm a newbee to Windows 8.  I looked and looked and couldn't find the "SETTINGS" menu anywhere.  It appears that when you put your cursor at the lower rt hand corner of the screen and the 4 or 5 icons come out of the rt side of the screen - this is the settings menu.  When you click on the cog, these are not settings for the PC, it appears, since I'm in an app, these are the settings for this app ONLY.  Again, I'm a newbee and may be wrong.  I just wanted to share something that I just learned and found very helpful.  I am open to correction.

WowJeff
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (6,129 Views)

Thank you, badboy-tinny! I thought I was going to have to pay some remote tech service.
conrad_az
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (216 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling