link facebook to skype in windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

link facebook to skype in windows 8

I bought a new laptop with skype installed in it. when I sign in I can not see any option where I can link facebook. does not matter if it is before login or after login. I tried every thing including visiting skype.com- login there and tried to change my account settings to recognise facebook as it does my live account. Some Body Please Look Into This. skype on win XP is better than this.

lukhman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 5 (5,334 Views)

Re: link facebook to skype in windows 8

Linking with Facebook is not supported on the “modern” version of Skype application for Windows 8. You can install the “normal” Skype desktop version, where all Skype features are still available.

The currently latest 6.7.0.102 Skype desktop version can be installed using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.7.0.102.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6913
Message 2 of 5 (5,327 Views)

it seems that the remedy of installing the old skype is not effective any more im unable to connect my face book contacts on the old as well as the new version of skype and the old app itself is suggesting to install the new version of skype but im unable to include on the new skype my fb contacts... what should we do pls help us get great resolution for the issue

japjap1989
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (5,170 Views)

Have you tried with the very latest Skype 6.10.0.104 version?

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.10.0.104.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6913
Message 4 of 5 (5,165 Views)

resume... Skype modernUI = junk

Tri4C3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (1,324 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling