install problem with skype for desktop windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

install problem with skype for desktop windows 8

Help please!

I have downloaded the desktop version for windows 8. Here's what happens:

1. pop-up window asks to run SkypeSetupFull

2. I clicked: Yes

3. pop-up window asks if SkypeSetupFull is allowed to make changes to my computer

4. I clicked: Yes

5. Nothing happens...

The application can't be found and it doesn't launch for me to sign in. I only have the skype on the start up page which isn't what I need. I need to have it on my desktop for group video skyping.

Thanks!

Tabby

Tabitha_O
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (1,196 Views)

Re: install problem with skype for desktop windows 8

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Please try to install with this MSI installer
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6304
Message 2 of 6 (1,194 Views)

I already cleared the firewall settings.

I just clicked on the MSI installer and clicked run; now is says: 0% of SkypeSetup.msi downloaded...Pause...Cancel...View downloads

I guess it's downloading...I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you for such a quick reply!

Tabitha_O
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (1,188 Views)

Hello. I am having a problem installing skype desktop. I download it just fine, open it and try to install and it says that the system admin has set policies to pervent this installation. I am the admin for my computer.. If you could just tell me what to do to fix it.

Thank you,

Veenus. 

Veenus
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 6 (999 Views)

Veenus,

Do you have COMODO Programs Manager installed on the PC?

Try Below:

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: secpol.msc /s and press Enter

In Software Restriction Policies >> In the right pane, double click on the Enforcement >> Select "All users except local administrators". >> Ok >> restart the computer

If no software policies defined, right click >> create "New software restriction policies".

softpolicy.png

softpolicy2.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6304
Message 5 of 6 (986 Views)

thanks man!! it worked!!

kombanfred
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling